Motherboard Question...

MysticalSongbird

Hello all

Just downloaded CCleaner as after formatting and installing XP Pro on my lappy i've got no audio device and need to find out the name of my motherboard for drivers. Could anyone tell me where i can get that info from within CCleaner?

Thanks!  :D

You can't get that info from CCleaner.

To find out what your sound card is called do the following. Start > Run... > sndvol32.exe

If it doesn't say in the bottom left, then go to www.lavalys.com and get Everest Home Edition.

Another way is to type in Run... dxdiag.exe (if you have DirectX) or msinfo32.exe

If you watch the screen while booting, when the system is counting the ram,above it will be a number, that is the ID of the board usually.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

You can't get that info from CCleaner.

To find out what your sound card is called do the following.  Start > Run... > sndvol32.exe

If it doesn't say in the bottom left, then go to www.lavalys.com and get Everest Home Edition.

Another way is to type in Run...  dxdiag.exe (if you have DirectX) or msinfo32.exe

Thanks very much for the help. Much appreciated :D

Since this is a laptop, you really should be going to the laptop manufacturer's website and going to support/downloads/whatever and telling it what model you have. Should give you a list of the most recent drivers available for it.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)