CCleaner could not remove registry entries in win Vista home basic

user2007

Hi, I just installed CCleaner in win vista home basic . When I run "issues", it finds a number of invalid keys. i fix those issues and ot works fine. if I restart CCleaner and run 'issue" again, it again finds exactly same issues it cleaner before. that means it doe snot work. I could not clean those.

Any ideas why this happens?

Hi, I just installed CCleaner in win vista home basic . When I run "issues", it finds a number of invalid keys. i fix those issues and ot works fine. if I restart CCleaner and run 'issue" again, it again finds exactly same issues it cleaner before. that means it doe snot work. I could not clean those.

Any ideas why this happens?

Same problem here but with Windows Vista Home Premium. It "finds" many issues, "fixes" many issues (after I've saved a copy of the registry), but then when running "find" again, even without closing and re-opening the program, the same issues are all there.

I run Zone Alarm, AVG anti-spy, SpyBot, Adaware, SpywareBlaster and maybe some of these besides the firewall and av program have something in the background running.

Thanks.

Chet

I don't use vista but someone else reported this as being caused by vista's UAC feature. You need to give CCleaner admin user rights.

I just got vista with my new laptop and don't know very well about its small glitches. But I am running CCleaner with admin account and in fact there is no other account created yet.

Whats the fix here?

Since the problem does not occur with winxp, I don't think it is related to firewall etc.

Right click on the CCleaner icon and there should be something that says run as admin.. let me know if that makes sense.

Sorry I cant give a better explanation. :D

Eureka, you've got it!!! Followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. Many thanks. I've noticed a lot of other people have had similar problems and hope they see your solution.

I just got the laptop and am new to Vista. I thought I had set the thing up that anyone who turned the computer on (i.e. me) was automatically in the administration account and could do anything. That's the way I want it. I've noticed when altering some display settings, etc, a box has popped up saying I've started some process, do I want to continue because it may change a few things only an admin can do. Next thing on my menu is to work on getting logged on as an admin everytime I boot so I don't need to work around popup boxes.

At any rate, thanks for the help on the CCleaner.

Chet