CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hazelnut

Play .swf files in opera.

I cannot play .swf files in opera, instead I have to switch to Internet Explorer to view them.

In opera tools>advanced>plugins shockwave flash is listed.

Can anyone help me out here?

Whats the difference between that program and paragon exact image? Anyone know?

Hazle I have a free key to exact image if you want it.(got it from vnunet and never used it)

I don't even know what the program does.. I forgot.

I also have a free key to acronis true image if you want it. (free from vnunet as well)

(Just shoot me a PM if you want them)

I have so many back ups of everything I didn't need these 2 programs to create another one. :P

--------

I would reinstall flash again and make sure opera is closed. If that doesn't work try reinstalling opera.

Go to: Tools - Preferences - Advanced. Then choose 'Downloads'. Find swf file type from the list and select "Edit". Make sure that "Use plugin" is marked and there's "Shockwave Flash" selected. Hit OK twice.

Go to: Tools - Preferences - Advanced. Then choose 'Downloads'. Find swf file type from the list and select "Edit". Make sure that "Use plugin" is marked and there's "Shockwave Flash" selected. Hit OK twice.

Have done all you suggested ceecee and have also uninstalled and reinstalled the shockwave payer, also updated to opera 9.21. Still no joy, and all this time IE7 can play them!!

When I have a bit of time spare I will try reinstalling opera as that seems to be the only thing I haven't tried yet. :D

Am going to this page, and can view them in Internet Explorer.

http://www.drive-backup.com/home/personal/customer_exp.htm

just get error message saying could not start application.

For me, when i click "Play Demo", download dialog window opens. I can then open files in Media Player Classic, that can play swf files. http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm Download that (no installation needed). Open program and go to 'View' - 'Options'. Choose 'Formats' and check "Shockwave Flash File".

Seems that you can't use flash plugin with Opera for those type of swf files.

Nice work ceecee. I already have media player classic so have just run a test after following your setup instructions...works a treat :)