No history deletion at all?

huge

I downloaded CCleaner 3 days ago and ran a clean. Cleaned recycle bin, TIF's etc but when I clicked on my browser History (IE7) all is still there?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled cclean several times with same result. All the boxes are checked!! I have Windows Vista basic and still have 3 days worth of sites visited showing on my browser history.

What's up?

Hugh

I downloaded CCleaner 3 days ago and ran a clean. Cleaned recycle bin, TIF's etc but when I clicked on my browser History (IE7) all is still there?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled cclean several times with same result. All the boxes are checked!! I have Windows Vista basic and still have 3 days worth of sites visited showing on my browser history.

What's up?

Hugh

CCleaner usually does everything it says it will, but for some reason the latest version is a little "broken". I'm not sure if it's only with Vista or not.

In any case, you can open the Tools menu in IE and use the Delete Browsing History function, for now, to clean up your IE7 History. You can even clean the index.dat file, but a restart is required for that (I think.)

There are still some Vista issues being ironed out with CCleaner so if you're on Vista it could be that.

Also if you're using CCleaner with secure deletion enabled try running it without as the secure deletion is is a little buggy in the latest version.

Thanks all, for the info. I disabled secure deletion and still have 3 days of history. Guess I'll wait till a new release is out that fixes the problem. I'll Manually delete for now.

PS. Vista is a pain!!! Everybody seems to be working on compatability issues with it. It took a 3hr high speed download from HP to get my camera able to download!!!

Thanks again

I have just rolled back to the last version of CCleaner that worked properly in Vista (v1.39.502).

I have Vista Home Premium and the latest CCleaner does not work properly (it does however on XP).

I'm sure it'll get sorted.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, can confirm that the new 1.4 still doesnt work in cleaning the drop down toolbar history for vista. I hope this is resolved as CCleaner is a great program. How about everything else, like history deletetion from applictions (windows media player) does that still work with vista?

also, if an application is not showing in the to be cleaned section and you want to add it how do you do that?

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Try using the program "Mil Shield" once, and then return using regularly CCleaner. On my PC, history item that seems to be not deletable disappeared. Mil Shield is not totaly free, but you can use it for several days.