The Three Major Browsers Compared

JohnDemolition

That's a pretty junky review, if you ask me. They list Opera as 'weak' on security - I disagree. Though I'm a FF user, I still hold Opera in highest of regards.

IPB Image

I'm planning to switch to Opera when SpywareBlaster has plans to support it. I'm worried about those tracking cookies. I'm still trying to use basic Opera functions to act like Adblock. Anyway Softpedia "clearly" described the three browsers correctly, except for some in IE7.

• Moderators
I'm planning to switch to Opera when SpywareBlaster has plans to support it. I'm worried about those tracking cookies. I'm still trying to use basic Opera functions to act like Adblock. Anyway Softpedia "clearly" described the three browsers correctly, except for IE7.

Grab the MVPS.org HOSTS File and it will block so much crap in Opera and any other browser. Also don't forget that Spybot-S&D has a plugins ignore add-on for Opera located in Immunize.

I already have the host file. I still see in the website thingy in the status bar "pageads2.googleadsyndication.com" something and I still have to manually block those things.

• Moderators
I already have the host file. I still see in the website thingy in the status bar "pageads2.googleadsyndication.com" something and I still have to manually block those things.

The MVPS HOSTS File doesn't block those Google adverts. You can block those Google adverts by inputting this into your HOSTS file:

127.0.0.1  google-analytics.com127.0.0.1  googleadservices.com127.0.0.1  googleadsyndication.com127.0.0.1  googlesyndication.com

I've tried it three times and always return to Firefox. Can you have your bookmarks tabbed in Opera? That, about:config, chrome edits and extensions are what I love about Firefox. I have it built and appearing exactly the way I want it. However, I'm a speed freak, so that is why Opera is always tempting!

Have to agree with slowday444.

Tried quite a few browsers and they are all quite good but I just can't get the same sorta comfortable feeling I have when using Firefox, mainly due to the way my tabs and addons are setup.

bwar2.gif

I get a kick out of the debates about which browser is the best. Go to the Opera forum or Firefox forum and there are all kinds of threads as to which is best and why. People talk like they have to pick one or the other. Opera and Firefox are both very good and I have both on all my machines (actually have to versions of Opera) and use both all the time. There are things I like about Opera that FX doesn't have and things I like about FX that Opera doesn't have. Use them both they are free and very good.

One thing that is not debatable is that IE is crap.