Holy Crap! Firefox is actually good!

rridgely

• Moderators

I have been watching firefox since it started, but I was never really impressed by it. It loaded to slow, streamed video and audio minutes later when IE only took seconds(with a cable modem), and took forever to open. I know its more secure but with all of the hassle I chose to just remove the malware as I got it. I did use the mozzilla suite because it seemed a little better but not anymore! Now that firefox is useable what do you all know to do to make it better (do you reccommend any plugins or tweaks?).

I have been watching firefox since it started, but I was never really impressed by it. It loaded to slow, streamed video and audio minutes later when IE only took seconds(with a cable modem), and took forever to open. I know its more secure but with all of the hassle I chose to just remove the malware as I got it. I did use the mozzilla suite because it seemed a little better but not anymore! Now that firefox is useable what do you all know to do to make it better (do you reccommend any plugins or tweaks?).

I'll try and get the list of tweaks back to my website. ;)

This looks pretty cool. I havent tried it yet, but im planning on installing it later today.

For those who don't want to click the link, their ''optimized'' firefox/mozilla/thunderbird builds.

• Moderators

Nod32 I looked at your link tell me what you think or if you have any errors. If you think its good I might try it as well.

Tarun let us know when you get the firefox tweaks back on your webpage.

Just tested it, and not impressed. The installation is tricky, to say the least. Even though I followed all the instructions, it would not read my profile, so I ended up doing system restore. And then Firefox would not start. Ended up re-installing the official Firefox build, but at least it read my original profile.

For the few minutes that it actually did work, it did not speed up surfing noticeably. Mabey by a few fractions of a second :lol:

[edit]

Found this thread, with lots and lots of Firefox tweaks.

Tarun let us know when you get the firefox tweaks back on your webpage.

ya... i formated my C:\ a few days ago... and all the tweaks for firefox are gone... so i want to tweak my firefox again...

--==aGumon==--

The preloaded 'fox is as large as [or a tad larger than] one regular instance of Firefox, which is roughly the equivalent of one Internet Explorer instance (when de-integrated from the OS, that is).

When more instances of Firefox are launched, the code is shared, and each subsequent instance's resource usage is very minimal.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)