"The worlds best place to find and install Linux software"

DennisD

• Moderators

Their words, not mine.

Utilizing 5 years of CNR development in one-click software delivery, CNR.com will provide a standardized process for finding, evaluating, installing, and updating desktop software for the most popular Linux distributions, both Debian and RPM based.

Launching in the 2nd Quarter of 2007, CNR.com will be a free on-line digital software warehouse and one-click delivery service designed to solve the complexity of finding, installing and managing software applications on your Linux desktop computer. CNR.com will be the most extensive resource available anywhere for desktop Linux software. Search from tens of thousands of Linux software products, packages and libraries by title, popularity, similar software, category, author, or function, and then install the software with just one click of your mouse. Learn more by clicking the links below...

Link:

• Moderators

Actually this is pretty cool and I used it a long time ago on a linux distro called linspire.(they were giving it away for free for a week a long time ago)

It would solve some of the problems with linux's software installation confusion as long as they keep their software up to date. This is why aptget from the distro makers servers almost always sucks. I want OpenOffice 2.2 or whatever the newest version is not 2.1, I want firefox 2.0.3 not 2.0.2 and I want them the day they are released not 6 months later when they are included in the distro.

Sure you can compile the installer and blah blah blah but its confusing and it sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

This is good for the computing industry as a whole. Microsoft will be forced to actually make higher quality products if Apple and the Linux

world can prove they have better products. However, Microsoft's response appears to be "sue the Linux distributions." To be fair, Apple would do the same

thing if they had that market share, their softy hippie like advertising is nothing like their shrewd competitive mentality.

The "evil microsoft" argument is garbage. Jobs runs a much tighter ship. Microsoft can't even lock down their activation servers!