0 Byte Files don't get deleted

hi folks,

just updated to CCleaner v1.39.502. now files with the size of 0 bytes don't get deleted anymore (e.g. 0 byte files in the temp folder, or in any custom folders i set). v1.38.485 had no problem to delete those files so i stepped back to this. any explanation or workaround for v1.39.502 to get all files deleted?

thanks in advance

belinda

I have also had this issue with the new version - would not delete 0byte files in content.IE5 as reported HERE.

I have tried the previous version and it did delete the 0byte files so definitely something not quite right with the new versions handling of some 0 byte files.

Belinda, do you have secure deletion enabled? If so try cleaning without secure delete enabled to see if those 0 byte files are deleted and let us know what happened. The secure deletion method was changed in this version, perhaps that could be the problem (I can't check this now as using the old version removed the files that the current version was missing).

Ok, I have just recreated this issue and can confirm it is the secure deletion that is causing this issue. 0 byte files are not removed with secure deletion enabled but ARE removed if secure deletion is turned off.

Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

Version 1.39 still deletes 0 byte files on my system, I just tested it with six of them.

Same here.

zerobytevf7.th.jpg

All the crap is detected and cleaned as usual, except index.dat files.

Not solved neither installing the previous version

@JDPower

I don't use secure deletion

:unsure:

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

• Moderators
Ok, I have just recreated this issue and can confirm it is the secure deletion that is causing this issue. 0 byte files are not removed with secure deletion enabled but ARE removed if secure deletion is turned off.

I have also confirmed this by enabling secure file deletion.