Crackdown XBOX 360

TwistedMetal

• Moderators

Well, Crackdown on XBOX 360 is coming out today. I'm going to be picking it up in the next hour or so, it looks really good, and I can't wait to play it.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• Moderators

I got a Xbox 360, Wii, DS, and PS2. Right now I am playing Zelda on the Wii, I am about 40 hours into it. I guess I will take a break and start on Crackdown now.

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• Moderators

I've actually been playing that game on GC. I don't have a wii.(can't find them around here)

I was also a little skeptical of playing zelda like that. The GC version pretty much controls just like windwaker(and all of the other n64 zeldas)

Do you like playing with the remote or would you rather use a controller?

• Moderators

At first glance, I didn't think it would work out. It takes about an hour or so to really get use to it, but I really like it. You get a lot control over the game with it and you feel like you are a part of the game. I know critics and reviewers say the graphics aren't next gen, but they are fine with me. Graphics don't make the game, it's the actually game play. I have been a Zelda fan since it's release on Nintendo, I have played Link to the Past so many times, I can't tell you. Zelda TP is by far the best Zelda I have ever played. The graphics are very nice, the storyline is very unique, and original.

The remote does have it's corky moments, sometimes when you have to aim really high up, the pointer will go off screen, and you get a message. I just can't wait for Metroid, it looks awesome, and playing with the remote will be totally different and a new Metroid experience.

offtopic8mg.gif

I am very happy with the Xbox 360, the graphics will blow your mind, and some the games for it are the best I have ever played. I know people are bashing back and forth about the PS3 vs. Xbox 360. I have played the PS3 and I will say this:

Console and graphics wise, I would go with the Xbox 360. The graphics you can't get much better this day of age, it's got several rock-solid game titles, and more coming this year. A lot of the game developers are making exclusive Xbox 360 titles or making them for both systems now (PS3 & Xbox 360).

The only thing the PS3 has going for it is, it has superior real-time rendering (best i have ever seen), and Blu-ray. As far as game title wise, the PS3 sucks bad in that department. Resistance is the only game it has going for it (original and exclusive), the rest are just old PS2 games that have been made for the PS3.

People nowadays want original games or story driven games (Halo, Gears of War, and so on). Not games that just continue on and on, and on. Is Metal Gear Solid ever going to end, or how about Mortal Kombat, or Vitual Fighter? :)

• Moderators

God I love a link to the past. That is one of the only games I've played through all of the way 5 or 6 times.

I'm not really far enough into TP to decide how great it is but the graphics are pretty good to me. Sure they aren't Gears of War or HL2 but their sufficient for the game.

The reason I think I'm going to hold out for a ps3 is MGS. Those games are almost perfect with every release.

But also Socom, that to me is the best online squad based game. Socom3 I played for days without stoping, and only quit once I sold it. :P

I'm also a fan of the old school platformer games and those are basically owned by Sony. (ratchet and Jak.)

The only game right now that I'm seeing and say "wow I have to play that" is assassins creed and MGS4. The rest I can resist playing, but I migh just end up paying obscene amounts of money to play those 2. :(

• Moderators
While it's hard to know how widespread the problems are, there are some common-sense precautions you can take to safeguard your Xbox 360.

Full article:

Were some problems over here recently with XBox 360`s. May have just been the first models out, but it may be worth reading this CNet article about a couple of simple precautions.

You guys may already know this, but just in case you didn`t.

:)

• Moderators

During it's first release of the Xbox 360, there were a few problems. It was rare, but there were a few firmware problems. The big problem was overheating (still is), this is an easy fix though. Just buy a Intercooler, it's a must buy if you are going to have a 360.

Just buy a Intercooler, it's a must buy if you are going to have a 360.

Intercooler?!?! :blink:

Joking aside, thought this was worthy of a read: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-R...ler-38899.shtml

According to representatives, the intercooler drains too much juice from the 360, as the console was not developed to power an extra device. The Xbox is designed as a whole, and a certain amount of power is needed for it to run smoothly. If you add an extra device, some of the juice will go to powering that device, keeping power away from other vital components. Therefore, those components might break down.

• Moderators

I bought a 360 a few months after it's release and have had the Intercool on it since day one. Not one 1 problem with anything, even gaming stores recommend buying one, it puts out a lot of heat. That will kill the Xbox 360 faster. I mean come on, how much power does it take to power 3 little fans. :lol:

• Moderators

Why on earth don`t they make the XBox 360 capable of running in perfect order straight out of the box?

Personally, I think your`e mad (in the nicest possible way of course :) ), actually paying out good money for an extra bit of kit to make something perform properly or safely, or whatever the reason is.

The gaming stores are bound to recommend buying one. More profit for them, and less chance of you bringing it back frazzled.

Sorry mate, but if this thing runs so hot you are recommended to buy an Intercooler, it won`t be on my shopping list.

• Moderators

At least they have a solution, the PS3 runs hotter than the Xbox 360, and there is nothing Sony can do about it. It's just like a PC, would you not buy case fans for it? It's the same principal.

• Moderators

That XBOX 360 game Crackdown has to have one of the most uninteresting commercials I've seen for a game on t.v. - in a short while. In a short while because it seems game commercials have went to the dogs with crappy acting, etc., that don't even make some games compelling enough to gather more information online.

Perhaps it's an underhanded trick to have the console break down due to overheating to force another purchase. Imagine the warranty info stating: your console will melt in approximately one to two years. :P

One would think the console designers would understand just how hot a unit is running and have proper ventilation and a proper cooling system without the need to go third-party to keep the system cool. Of course I suppose someone could rig a cooling system with standard PC-style fans to run on its own power source instead of using power from the console.

I certainly won't be buying a PS3 till the price comes down anyway

Ditto! For what they're wanting, plus don't forget there'd have to be a game purchase to go along with the console and a memory card I could instead get an inexpensive laptop at this time, with XP of course.

Another reason for me holding off is because I'd like to know if there's any broken down PS3's similar to how the PS2 (original design) could become a paper weight due to how the DVD drive could become kaput and not load any games, which is actually an easy fix of lubricating the DVD drive rails and cleaning the laser lens (if one doesn't mind voiding their warranty by opening the unit) something which I've been doing since 2003 to keep mine going strong.

Ditto! For what they're wanting, plus don't forget there'd have to be a game purchase to go along with the console and a memory card I could instead get an inexpensive laptop at this time, with XP of course.

It'll cost us over here even more than in the US though. Cost when its released over here (March 23rd) is about ?460 with one game ($900) with games retailing at ?50 ($98)