Not clearing the recently visited sites in edge browser.

vloads

Hi,  i have newest update of ccleaner 5.08 and it does not clear the recently visited sites in edge browser.  Soon as i start typing in the url box of edge browser a list of recently visited sites shows up underneath. 

• Moderators

Edge (and probably metro sytle apps) must be fully exited in order for ccleaner to clean it

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

the recently visited sites still shows up when typing in the url bar of edge browser, all the other internet history options have been deleted and yes the edge browser is fully closed by checking task manager.

• Moderators

Vloads, sorry the other two piggybacked into your thread my answer was aimed at their skipped image. Your issue may have something to do with edge or cortona remembering (or maybe Microsoft's servers remembering).

I cant recreate this but I've turned off autocomplete.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

HI, there are instances where CCleaner is skipping cleaning for Edge. This occurs when CCleaner has been unable to obtain access to the databases used by Edge. The team is aware of this issue and is working to identify and implement a solution. :)

• 2 weeks later...

HI, there are instances where CCleaner is skipping cleaning for Edge. This occurs when CCleaner has been unable to obtain access to the databases used by Edge. The team is aware of this issue and is working to identify and implement a solution. :)

As of today 8/13/15, the latest version of Ccleaner still won't clean M Edge, (skipped)?

Anything new in development?

Thanks

• Moderators

or maybe another browser perhaps? :)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

I posted a (partial) easy solution to this Edge cleaning problem the other day.

Take a look at this link:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=44251&p=265400

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Seems to be a weird bug in general. I can also clean them sometimes, if I just choose the directories individually by right clicking after I've analyzed, but like your solution, mine does not work all the time. Sometimes it will skip it, sometimes it will clean it by doing this.​ I figured it was maybe because Edge runs in the background along with other apps, but I've turned off all apps from running in the background and the problem still persists.

I've also noticed that disk cleanup in 10 will not clean temporary internet files on my end, or has similar problems to CCleaner. The only reason I haven't used another browser is because I'm trying to keep this installation as clean as possible.

I've also noticed if I view the summary of these files, some of them will be cleaned, as some of these folders are empty, even though CCleaner says they were skipped. Although then again, some files are still there in certain folders. So I don't know what it's doing, or if it is cleaning some of the files but not all.

• Moderators

Basically - does it realy matter - are we just being a bit OCD?

So we've got a few logfiles and cookies hanging about for now, so what.

If you are that short of discspace that a few files is a problem then it's time you got a bigger disc.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Thank you @nukecad, a voice of reason.

If Edge is given a chance to mature and CC gets a few versions on from the initial Win10 release, this should all sort itself out naturally.

Thank you @nukecad, a voice of reason.

If Edge is given a chance to mature and CC gets a few versions on from the initial Win10 release, this should all sort itself out naturally.

G-day mta, I agree, however, it would be helpful if Piri would let us know of some progress.

And thanks, I already have 4 Browsers that seem to work well.

• Moderators

Totally agree with the lack of feedback from Pirifirm.
I'd for one would like to see more, especially since this is a community, friendly forum.
I think they are missing a golden opportunity to engage with their audience.
But thats just not what they do, love it or loathe it, for them it's an avenue for finding problems, and that's fine too.

Same problem here. I have a HUGE Disk.. LOL! It's not the disk space but my privacy concerns.

Windows 10 does but one thing good - harvests your data for Microsoft.

As far as Pirifirm's lack of response.. Welcome to Corporate Amarica. We dont give a hoot about what you think. All that matters is that bottom line every quarter!

or maybe another browser perhaps? :)

Thanks for letting us know, the devs are aware and are working on fixes.

Does appear relative to edge being locked and files are skipped during cleaning. Not to be negative, must be based on heavy coding on MSs part making it quite difficult for one to maintain privacy by cleaning-so to speak. The easier to clean browser experience, the more difficult to get data for MSs needs back in their server troubleshoot world. For many of us, CC Cleaner is free so best to be patient with a fix although this is annoying.  :(

• Moderators

Latest version of Ccleaner  (Professional 5.09) still skips Edge files in Windows 10 - but maybe the next version will solve this. I hope so.

does this work for you; http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=44203&p=265874

Here are my tricks to clean Edges using CClean gurantee 100% work:

1. Reboost you pc-> open up CClean and run immediately. This will clean Edges Browser.

2.The reason you can not clean on Edges because Edges still running on background(even though CClean force Edges close on windows, but Edges still running on background). All you do is go to Settings of your Windows 10 and turn it off. There is setting turn off "Edges running on back ground", then you restart your pc and start using CClean.

On the second method, you can use CClean anytime and don't need to reboost your pc, and CClean won't "SKIPPED" your Edges.   Hope this help

Here are my tricks to clean Edges using CClean gurantee 100% work:

1. Reboost you pc-> open up CClean and run immediately. This will clean Edges Browser.

2.The reason you can not clean on Edges because Edges still running on background(even though CClean force Edges close on windows, but Edges still running on background). All you do is go to Settings of your Windows 10 and turn it off. There is setting turn off "Edges running on back ground", then you restart your pc and start using CClean.

On the second method, you can use CClean anytime and don't need to reboost your pc, and CClean won't "SKIPPED" your Edges.   Hope this help

CC skipped ME without ME running in the background

Please clarify your steps to "keep ME from running in the background"?

CC skipped ME without ME running in the background

Please clarify your steps to "keep ME from running in the background"?

Click Startup Menu on Windows->Click Settings, There is a thing pop up. On the left, at the very last line(bottom) you will see "Background Apps" click on "Background Apps" you will see a list of apps running on the background. There is Edges in there. On the right side of that app, there is an on/off button, just turn it off.(I turn off all the list->will save your battery)

EXTRA: You may use  to turn off all your privacy from Settings which being controlled by MS. They may be watching what are you doing