sxs event id 78

mikiep

Same here with Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit, CCleaner throws Errors in EventViewer:

Side by Side, Event 78

C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.17415_none_a9ed7f470139b3c1.manifest</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.17415_none_6240486fecbd8abb.manifest

I also get the side-by-side error in the event viewer [application events] I don't have to run ccleaner, just boot up and wait, within 10 to 20 minutes

it shows up... windows 7 ultimate 64 bit... went back to v5.00.5050(64bit) and all is ok...

Same issue. Event id 80 - SxS error. CCleaner wasn't even running at the time. No active or system monitoring option was activated.  Also couldn't find any other coinciding events at the same time (windows update, time sync, auto updates of any programs or routine virus scans) that would trigger the event. Just updated CCleaner, rebooted, and the computer was idle at the time.

Rolled back to 4.19.4867 (before the major update) and no issues since.

Im just gonna format and never use CCleaner again! it was once the best cleaner now it only causes me trouble. First it was corrupting my search index, now this event log error. i've had it

Formatting for a sidebyside error... common...

If you want to get rid of this message, it's very easy : just delete the repertory of your portable ccleaner... You're getting this error whenever you run or access the executable, and whenever your antivirus scans it. In fact, your antivirus scans the executable even if you just open the directory without running it. That's all...

By the way, this error is not a big deal. Nothing serious, just a dependency error that will be easily corrected in the next update.

Formatting for a sidebyside error... common...

If you want to get rid of this message, it's very easy : just delete the repertory of your portable ccleaner... You're getting this error whenever you run or access the executable, and whenever your antivirus scans it. In fact, your antivirus scans the executable even if you just open the directory without running it. That's all...

By the way, this error is not a big deal. Nothing serious, just a dependency error that will be easily corrected in the next update.

I am OCD about these event log errors bro. Plus, the error happens every reboot without me even touching CCleaner or accessing its folder.

I also got a SideBySide: Event ID 80 error with version 5.01.

In the meantime I've reverted back to the previous version 5.00 or 4.19 (your choice) to be error free.

I hope this error will be fixed in the next version of CCleaner.

I was getting this error in my event log as well, but I found a work around. I use Microsoft Security Essentials as my anti-virus software, and I placed the MSE location (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe) in the "excluded files" settings in MSE, and I haven't had the SxS error since.