Give an option for the old GUI (this is the sole topic for requesting the old GUI)

Special

• Moderators

Yeah skeleton volunteers.

Mr. Bones says: The Moderation Ride Never Ends

Lol, that's actually what I look like too.

I was watching a win10 tech preview video and it looks like the large white top bar is a normal thing on the OS

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Totally agree with most of the comments : flat design is nice BUT the title bar is awful.

I don't dislike the "flat" design but I am not too happy with it either. Haven't made up my mind yet. What what I certainly don't like is the design of the header (in that regard I am on the same page as "Mirage").

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

Lol, that's actually what I look like too. I was watching a win10 tech preview video and it looks like the large white top bar is a normal thing on the OS

Nope, the bar is hardcoded to white and larger than default for no reason.

see:

http://imgur.com/a/p4Pub

• Moderators

Well color me wrong (pun slightly intended)

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

I agree with a lot of the other CCleaner users, what's the big deal in not giving us an option on the skin or GUI interface we like? a lot of other software company's do it why not Pirform? Just think how many CCleaner dedicated users you would please... Well, just my humble opion, please give it some thought...

Richy65...

It's not a feedback forum, It's a users forum. the developers only ever ask for more information on bugs or to place announcement

??? The forum is called CCleaner Suggestions. I would call that Feedback... 

I use 3 screens, and I always have a lot of windows open (Win7). Besides

being ugly, the Win8 look, makes it hard to distinguish from picture rather

than a window. The main reason I uninstalled Win8 BTW... I can understand

that this is no problem for ppl who don`t multitask, but we all have different

preferences, so why not try to please us all??

Anyway, hope you fix this so I can use the new updates, Until then,,,

Cheers :)

P.S There is also the health risk:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/blue-light-has-a-dark-side

• Moderators

so why not try to please us all??

That's impossible.

That article reminded of the ugly blue high intensity headlights some people are putting on their cars in my city, they're literally awful to see for other drivers to the point they could be outlawed.

So, I really wish that the Devs, would add either a toggle function to switch between UIs or they should improve the UI. I really don't have a problem in how it looks, but, I've noticed that since the UI changed, the program has started to lag a bit. If it sits open in the taskbar, say, for about 10-15 mins, and I do some other work meanwhile, it would then show visual impairments in coming up, earlier there was no such problem. Regarding the improvement, well, Ccleaner is not the first program (in my knowledge) to have adopted to the new UI. 'Telegram' messenger's desktop client too has a modern appearance. The difference that works out is--that CCleaner uses Win8 UI, the messenger uses Win10 UI, giving it a more smoother look.

If, the UI improvements works, then well and good, but in any case, I see more demand to revert back to old UI or to provide a toggle option, I'll be fine with any of them. So please roll out an awesome update next time Devs!!

Thanks for your precious time.

Totally agreed here.

The whole metro-style interface is a step backwards - even microsoft themselves are distancing themselves from it with windows 10, downplaying the full-screen metro into a user option.

I agree, making an app touch-friendly is nice, but you don't have to make it look like you slapped it together in on your lunch break. Rounded corners, and gilded edges are visually appealing, and will make users want to buy your product, not this thing that looks like it was made out of grey construction-paper squares.

Seriously, *blech*.

I now have 3 versions of the program on my system in portable form.

One is the old, nice segmented look that's visually pleasant, clear and coherent. (v3)

The other is the 'white' one that removed clear segments and degraded overall clarity. (v4)

The last one is the Windows 8 look. (v5)

This is the first program I've ever used on my system that looks exactly like a Windows 8 UI.  It's awful and reminded me exactly why I haven't put 8/8.1 on my system and never will.  (Same will hold true with Windows 10 until DirectX12 is in mainstream use and they don't backport it to 7.)

For the sake of being relatively up to date, I'm sticking with 4.19.  While I dislike the changes from v3, it's not a complete overhaul of atrocity like v5.  Besides, I can just add my own things to winapp2.ini and the custom file/folder setting.  I have zero need of these features that keep getting introduced.

Yet another program that's gone rogue in its interface design and forced everyone to deal with it instead of give them options. *sigh*

I now have 3 versions of the program on my system in portable form.

One is the old, nice segmented look that's visually pleasant, clear and coherent. (v3)

The other is the 'white' one that removed clear segments and degraded overall clarity. (v4)

The last one is the Windows 8 look. (v5)

This is the first program I've ever used on my system that looks exactly like a Windows 8 UI.  It's awful and reminded me exactly why I haven't put 8/8.1 on my system and never will.  (Same will hold true with Windows 10 until DirectX12 is in mainstream use and they don't backport it to 7.)

For the sake of being relatively up to date, I'm sticking with 4.19.  While I dislike the changes from v3, it's not a complete overhaul of atrocity like v5.  Besides, I can just add my own things to winapp2.ini and the custom file/folder setting.  I have zero need of these features that keep getting introduced.

Yet another program that's gone rogue in its interface design and forced everyone to deal with it instead of give them options. *sigh*

Sorry to hear that :( If it's any consolation, I almost literally never see the start screen (the dreaded metro screen that everyone seems to think completely makes up Windows 8) and they've readded the Start Menu in Windows 10 as an option so you can actually literally never see the start screen.

• Moderators

No the general consensus is not that. The vocal minority, that actually gives a fig about it enough to say anything at all, is "against" it

• Moderators

and of those 'angry handful', you can times that by 25 for a 'more likely' number.

I dealt with some government statisticians a while back and they, and marketing/advertising and the ilk, type of organisations have a rule of thumb; for every one person who was bothered enough to do something about it, there are about 25 more people who were just as concerned but that couldn't be damned enough to take it to the next step.

That seemed to be specifically true when dealing with petitions.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

yep, and I'll admit I count myself in that 25 group. :)

• Moderators

Again, I'm not saying anything in defense of the stance taken by those who post in this thread, of those who are not vocal or of the development silence. I'm just saying it is far from consensus or even from majority feeling that the UI is bad or even, for that matter, is good.

For all any of us know the developers have been listening and constructing the necessary code for skinning (assumedly not an easy task whatsoever) or hiring a design team to make a more palatable changed UI (not a cheap task whatsoever). Piriform is not Microsoft and it took Microsoft years to tone down flat-look, which is not going away in Software-Design for a while.

What I've been against in this thread, and the ONLY thing I've argued with, at least in my last few posts if not throughout the entire thread, is the histrionics. The "woah is me" attitude that I saw when UI changed minorly between ccleaner3 and ccleaner4 was bad enough, but this borders on childish crosses the border of childish by 100s of kilometers. I get it, I hate change as much as the rest of you, but act like you are adults, even if you aren't one.

Thank you

What I've been against in this thread, and the ONLY thing I've argued with, at least in my last few posts if not throughout the entire thread, is the histrionics. The "woe is me" attitude that I saw when UI changed minorly between ccleaner3 and ccleaner4 was bad enough, but this borders on childish crosses the border of childish by 100s of kilometers. I get it, I hate change as much as the rest of you, but act like you are adults, even if you aren't one.

We are adults.  That's why we hate when things change that we're used to, because we're adults and have a hard time changing our ways.  We don't like it, we voice our dislike, and get told we're children and to deal with it.

If you can adapt to any and all changes when they happen, cool, I envy you; but I can't, nor can a lot of other people I know (and this is especially true the older you get).  This is why UI changes should be an option, not forced onto the userbase.

FWIW, I still use Vista because I can't stand the UI changes made to 7.  It's almost no different from Vista at its core (quite literally SP3 for Vista), but had a needless UI overhaul which alienated the people who actually liked and used Vista; which isn't much because of Vista's storied history and the ignorance of the mass market.

• Moderators

at 5 pages, maybe the thread has ran its course ?

just saying - how many more pages with the same all, same all do the developers need to read if they haven't got the message by now.

That's impossible.

mission impossible - the next generation or so :-)) this time without mister cruise

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

just saying - how many more pages with the same all, same all do the developers need to read if they haven't got the message by now.

perhaps we need a fbcontact or something for direct access or a door bell (dingdong) :-)) 

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Not that long ago when I marked this as the sole topic for GUI complaints it almost got locked, but then I very quickly changed my mind in about 2 minutes and realised that would be censoring people so I made it a pinned topic instead. I personally will not lock this topic.

And kudos to DAOWAce in post 96, the first two paragraphs are right on the spot at least with how I feel being that I'm older.