ActiveX/COM Issue

Oldboy

:unsure: Hi,

Unfortunately I am not very experienced, so please allow me the following. In Registry Integrity>Issues Section>ActiveX and Class Issues a lot of "problems" have accumulated:

Problem column text: ActiveX/COM Issue.

Data column text: For each issue some file information followed by a bracket containing grouped letters and figures, e.g. CDDBControl.FullName,ExtEncoder.ExtEnc, Forms.Image1 etc.

Registry Key column: The Registry Key path.

All of this takes up plenty of space in the registry, and would like to delete as far as possible. But I am terribly scared touching the Registry. Now I will try.

My question are:

1) What does the problem list tell you. What is the overall objective of the list?

2) What does the letters and figures within the brackets mean/relate to?

3) I can relate to much of the file information in the Data column (except of what's in the brackets). It all seems to be historical information which I don't need. But can I deleted without harming anything?

I hope that someone will assist me in broaden my knowledge!

With kind regards,

Oldboy.

B)-->

QUOTE(Peter B @ Jan 31 2006, 08:28 PM) 28220[/snapback]

Ihave read through the CCCleaner discussions and am confused. Is the "hard Drive Bleaching DOD eraser" in the Beta version, the existing version cc cleaner , or is it yet to come?

I'm even more confused: Your reply don't seem to relate to my problem! Or am I wrong.

Oldboy

B)-->

QUOTE(Peter B @ Jan 31 2006, 07:28 PM) 28220[/snapback]

Ihave read through the CCCleaner discussions and am confused. Is the "hard Drive Bleaching DOD eraser" in the Beta version, the existing version cc cleaner , or is it yet to come?

I am asking if CC Cleaner has the ability to erase files so that they cannot be recovered by a third party.

I think they call that "Washing" or "Bleaching" from the hard drive deleted files and or fragments left behind.

:unsure: Hi,

Unfortunately I am not very experienced, so please allow me the following. In Registry Integrity>Issues Section>ActiveX and Class Issues a lot of "problems" have accumulated:

Problem column text: ActiveX/COM Issue.

Data column text: For each issue some file information followed by a bracket containing grouped letters and figures, e.g. CDDBControl.FullName,ExtEncoder.ExtEnc, Forms.Image1 etc.

Registry Key column: The Registry Key path.

All of this takes up plenty of space in the registry, and would like to delete as far as possible. But I am terribly scared touching the Registry. Now I will try.

My question are:

1) What does the problem list tell you. What is the overall objective of the list?

2) What does the letters and figures within the brackets mean/relate to?

3) I can relate to much of the file information in the Data column (except of what's in the brackets). It all seems to be historical information which I don't need. But can I deleted without harming anything?

I hope that someone will assist me in broaden my knowledge!

With kind regards,

Oldboy.

Hi Oldboy, this thread may be of assistance. Feel free to post any additional questions. Reading the Beginner's Guide also can answer many questions. In addition, I think that Peter was trying to post his own thread, but somehow posted in your thread instead.

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=3674

Hope this helps! :)

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

CDDBControl.FullName,ExtEncoder.ExtEnc, Forms.Image1

Left over remnants from CDDB are from using a media player, Winamp, etc.

The registry issues "may" happen if you've switched media players and changed the file association of audio CD's (.cda) for example from Winamp to Windows Media Player. The Winamp CDDB control would then become invalid.

Now lets say you've uninstall a media player such as Winamp which was associated with audio CD's (.cda), the uninstaller "may or will" leave behind a horde of CDDB registry entries that many registry cleaners will find.

Left over remnants from CDDB are from using a media player, Winamp, etc.

The registry issues "may" happen if you've switched media players and changed the file association of audio CD's (.cda) for example from Winamp to Windows Media Player. The Winamp CDDB control would then become invalid.

Now lets say you've uninstall a media player such as Winamp which was associated with audio CD's (.cda), the uninstaller "may or will" leave behind a horde of CDDB registry entries that many registry cleaners will find.

Thank you very much for your concern. Your explanation added a great deal to understanding things.

Many regards.