I want to get the deleted word document

I tried to get a word document after I lost it, so I used Recuva programm to get it again but I do not know its name and its place on my lap top so that I try to search it between many other word documents.Now I used word 2007 but I can not remember if this document which I try to found it with word 2007 or 2003 .Piriform customer service helped me with this topic

http://www.piriform.com/docs/recuva/troubleshooting/recovering-word-documents

, I tried to do these solutions in the topic but Unfortunately still I have problems according to this topic :

1- Try exporting the file:How can I use RTF or TXT format taking into consideration the description of the problem that I said before

2- Extract the raw text:actually I downloaded notepad++ programm,you mean that I should try using it to open word document by doing right click then choose edit with notepad++

3- Use Word’s text converter,where I can found Recover Text From Any File to choose it after choosing open from file?

Please help me as soon as possible

Thanks a lot

Are you unable to find it at all? You could try recovering all word documents and manually going through them.

Also, for the future, don't make your email address your username.

I reovered all deleted word document but there are some promblem that I found when I open every word document and these problems I said it before ,please ,Could you hlep me?

• Moderators

what you recovered did the recovered file name start with ~

if so it's not the word file you think it is but the autosave cache for the file

admins have been contacted re username with email, should be looked at.

edit: we can't even begin to help you if you don't spell out what these "problems" are

the faq are old. the two save as defaults are 2003 doc and 2007+ docx if you are messing with extensions be sure you have first told windows to show extensions for known file types.

Not everything is recoverable that is marked excellent, this is true for any recovery program. This chances for recovery are greatly effected if you recover to the same hard drive ax the original file, you need to provide us with more information.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

if so it's not the word file you think it is but the autosave cache for the file

edit: we can't even begin to help you if you don't spell out what these "problems" are

the faq are old. the two save as defaults are 2003 doc and 2007+ docx if you are messing with extensions be sure you have first told windows to show extensions for known file types.

Not everything is recoverable that is marked excellent, this is true for any recovery program. This chances for recovery are greatly effected if you recover to the same hard drive ax the original file, you need to provide us with more information.

when I receoverd all word document there name is like that $IQ1QBLA not as I named them when I created them

The problems that faces me are :

1- some documents are blank with no information when I opened them.

2- when I open a file some times this message appears the file mmmmm(for example) can not be opened because there are problem with the contents in the same window there is 2 options details and ok when I choose ok word found unreadable content(mmmmmmmmmm)and when I I choose details this message appears to me the file is corrupt and can not be opened do you want to recover the contents of this document?if you trust the source of this document ,click yes and when I click yes this message appears to me the file mmmmm can not be opened because there are problem with the contents

Note (mmmmmmmm) is a name of a file for example

3-Some pages do not want to be opened because they want word 2003 and I work with word 2007

4- there some documents that do not be opened because of file conversion and require to choose one of these options windows default,ms-dos,other encoding ,document direction

right to left ,but I remeber that most of these options does not work I want to open them in english or arabic or according to its content if english so i want it in english and if arabic i want it into arabic

and I tried to open it using word pad or not pad or word 2007 but there is no result

I hav e a problem only in word as all documents created in word I should do right click to choose open with microsoft office word

Dear basmahakim909,

I can only suggest

1. MS Word is not working for you- try Notepad Plus-Plus- where you can read the header information and the file as it actually has been recovered.

Notepad++ SHOULD (or thre is likely an add-on) be able to read Arabic as Arabic if you open it as it will read as per "Unicode". http://www.notepad-plus-plus.org

You could try opening it in other open-source Word document reader include LibreOffice and Open Office (see http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=20).

I would suggest using Testdisk and Photorec- Recuva is very good but not always perfect. http://www.cgsecurity.org

• Moderators

the reason for showing known extentions is to make sure what you are recovering is the actual file. while I may be wrong I think that $ usually is not the actual files. in fact if you don't have extensions shown how do you even know $IQ1QBLA is a word file

Recuva is very good but not always perfect.

this is true for ALL recovery programs

I'm not so sure why you contacted me via PM as I'm no more educated/informed than any other member here

AGAIN I REPEAT the more you use the hard drive the less likely your recovery (via recuva or any software) will succeed.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to me once in my desktop pc. I was in the middle of editing **** when I suddenly deleted this file from the original folder. I was expecting I would see it in trash bin but I didn't. I tried to undo but still not there. any tips?