CCleaner reports Chrome always open

The unchecking of "keep background processes open" only cured the problem for a short time until it returned. Then I disabled all Chrome extensions and CCleaner "saw" Chrome had been closed. Certain Chrome extensions clearly conflict with CCleaner's operation. Adding certain extensions back brings the conflict back.

I have researched this problem on Chrome's Help site where I read this is a CCleaner problem. But one can easily make the case it's a Chrome problem as this conflict only appeared recently.

However, both Chrome and CCleaner have recently installed newer builds and my System Restore points fail to help me solve this chicken-egg issue.

Both CCleaner and Chrome until recently "played well together." Now they don't..So what is an end user to do?

• Moderators
Certain Chrome extensions clearly conflict with CCleaner's operation

Incorrect, should state Certain Chrome extensions clearly conflict with chrome being able to cleanly shut itself down.

This is not a CCleaner issue, it's an issue of either badly written plugins/themes or of "background operations" plugins, such as Cloud-Print and Cloud-Sync, which are alive even when you are not browsing.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com