Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

New Entries

LSys (Local System)

[LSys Cached File Extensions*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
RegKey1=HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts

[LSys Cached Shell Extensions*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
RegKey1=HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Cached

If these are added to Winapp2.ini, I suggest the name be "Local System" instead of the abbreviated "LSys" so that users are better able to identify what these are related to.

Does Windows have to rebuild these after they are cleared?

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

If these are added to Winapp2.ini, I suggest the name be "Local System" instead of the abbreviated "LSys" so that users are better able to identify what these are related to.

Does Windows have to rebuild these after they are cleared?

It's safe to remove and Windows will rebuild the ones you need.

Is this related to the existing File/Shell exts?

Yes, you may add these in the existing entries.

[Cached File Extensions*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
RegKey2=HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts

[Cached Shell Extensions*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Cached
RegKey2=HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Cached

I'm not sure if this is already in the latest version of Winapp2.ini or not, but recently, I used the latest stable version of Utorrent to download a few torrents, & by accident, when I was checking on something else's appdata, I noticed this.

After I finished downloading a few torrents with Utorrent (read, they were all at 100%), I left them in Utorrent's list for about 6 hours to help seed them. After that, I removed them from Utorrent's list & shut down Utorrent completely. Utorrent wasn't even in the task bar, & I have my task bar set to show me everything that is running. Later, I was checking on something else in my appdata, & I noticed that Utorrent's appdata still had a .torrent file of everything that I had downloaded with Utorrent. I ran CCleaner with CCenhancer & Winapp2.ini, but they were still there after that. Below is where they were located.

C:\Users\Yumi6\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

CCleaner (Winapp.ini) and Winapp2.ini do not have rules to remove torrent files and their relative downloaded data.

If you want to clear the above data, right-click any or all of those listed in the µTorrent GUI, then select 'Delete .torrent + Data' from the menu instead of 'Delete .torrent'.

New App Network Speed Test by Microsoft

[Network Speed Test*]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.NetworkSpeedTest_8wekyb3d8bbwe
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.NetworkSpeedTest_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.NetworkSpeedTest_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.NetworkSpeedTest_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.NetworkSpeedTest_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.NetworkSpeedTest_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0*\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.NetworkSpeedTest_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.NetworkSpeedTest_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.NetworkSpeedTest_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

• Moderators

Updated again:

[Wise Video Downloader*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Wise Video Downloader_is1
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Wise\Wise Video Downloader\WiseDownloader.exe
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\ThumbnailCache|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\Wise Video Downloader|DownloadList.ini
FileKey3=%AppData%\Wise Video Downloader|FileListConfig.ini

• Moderators

Updated:

[Wise Video Downloader*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Wise Video Downloader_is1
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Wise\Wise Video Downloader\WiseDownloader.exe
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\|urlinfo.txt
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\ThumbnailCache|*.*
FileKey3=%AppData%\Wise Video Downloader|DownloadList.ini
FileKey4=%AppData%\Wise Video Downloader|FileListConfig.ini

If anyone uses Wise Video Downloader it will create a urlinfo.txt file in the root of the disk drive that you download to. So if you've changed the default settings to for instance download to H:\Downloads\YouTube instead of the default path it will create a urlinfo.txt file in H:\

Edited by Andavari

Revised Entry

[Foxit PhantomPDF 6 More*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF 6.0
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF 6.0\Preferences\History
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF 6.0\Recent File List
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF 6.0\RecentFiles

New language files entry for those who would like it.

[VMware Keymap (Lng)*]
Section=Language Files
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.
Default=False
Warning=This will delete all language keymap files excluding the US English.
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\VMware\vnckeymap|*
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%CommonAppData%\VMware\vnckeymap\us

Every line of code written by man can be undone by man

"A loser in the real world is still a loser in the net!" - .hack//SIGN

Getting old is inevitable,  growing up is optional !!

New addition of App LifeCam

[LifeCam*]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.LifeCamDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.LifeCamDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.LifeCamDashboard_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.LifeCamDashboard_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.LifeCamDashboard_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.LifeCamDashboard_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.LifeCamDashboard_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.LifeCamDashboard_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

Also a language addition for US English edit on LifeCam

[LifeCam (Lng)*]

Section=US English Language

Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.LifeCamDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe

DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.LifeCamDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Warning=This deletes all languages EXCEPT the United States English language.

Default=False

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents\de-DE\|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents\el-GR\|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents\es-ES\|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents\fr-FR\|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents\it-IT\|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents\ja-JP\|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey7=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents\ko-KR\|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey8=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents\pt-BR\|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey9=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents\pt-PT\|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey10=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents\ru-RU\|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey11=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents\zh-CN\|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey12=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents\zh-TW\|*.*|REMOVESELF

New Entries

Tested on a Windows 8 64-bit system.

[LastGood.tmp Folder*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\LastGood.tmp|*.*|REMOVESELF

[Windows Search Cache Files*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Caches|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Caches|*.*|RECURSE

Hey folks! Looks like piriform added a SpecialDetect for Chrome

presumably encompassing all of this: Detect=HKCU\Software\Chromium

DetectFile=%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

DetectFile2=%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

DetectFile3=%localappdata%\Flock\Application\flock.exe

DetectFile4=%ProgramFiles%\Flock\Application\flock.exe

DetectFile5=%localappdata%\Google\Chrome SxS\Application\chrome.exe

DetectFile6=%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome SxS\Application\chrome.exe

DetectFile7=%localappdata%\SRWare Iron\iron.exe

DetectFile8=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\iron.exe

DetectFile9=%ProgramFiles%\Chromium\chrome.exe

DetectFile10=%localappdata%\Chromium\chrome.exe

DetectFile11=%ProgramFiles%\Chromium\Application\chrome.exe

DetectFile12=%localappdata%\Chromium\Application\chrome.exe

DetectFile13=%AppData%\ChromePlus\chrome.exe

DetectFile14=%localappdata%\RockMelt\Application\rockmelt.exe

DetectFile15=%ProgramFiles%\RockMelt\Application\rockmelt.exe

DetectFile16=%LocalAppData%\Comodo\Dragon\dragon.exe

DetectFile17=%ProgramFiles%\Comodo\Dragon\dragon.exe

DetectFile18=%LocalAppData%\MapleStudio\ChromePlus\Application\Chrome.exe

DetectFile19=%AppData%\MapleStudio\ChromePlus\Application\Chrome.exe

anywho- update incoming

• Moderators

you beat me to it, but it's

SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME

(incase you didn't see it ;) or if anyone is creating any entries)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Changed HKLM to HKCU

[beyond Compare 3*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 3
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 3|*.bak;BCCommands.xml;BCSessions.xml

Removed RegKey3, Fixed FileKey1 and added "*" file flag

[Adobe Reader Touch More*]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga
Default=True
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0*|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_*\LocalState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\PersistedPickerData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga!App\DefaultOpenFileSingle|LastLocation
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

New Entry

Tested on a Windows 8 64-bit system

[Troubleshooting Logs*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Diagnostics|*.*|RECURSE