Reoccuring IE cache?

junbug

• Moderators

Many many many programs (including some windows background services) use Trident (Internet explorer) this is where these files come from

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

junbug, I've often wondered this myself. Internet Explorer is intimately connected into the Windows operating system. In fact, I wouldn't even call it a separate application. My theory is that as other browsers create internet cache files, the system makes copies that then show in IE. The reason I think they're copies is because when I delete them, it never effects the Firefox cache. But I really don't know why it does this, that's just my theory. :)

• Moderators

junbug, I've often wondered this myself. Internet Explorer is intimately connected into the Windows operating system. In fact, I wouldn't even call it a separate application. My theory is that as other browsers create internet cache files, the system makes copies that then show in IE. The reason I think they're copies is because when I delete them, it never effects the Firefox cache. But I really don't know why it does this, that's just my theory. smile.gif

No this is not what happens, these files (as I stated above) are made by programs that use the internet explorer engine to render themselves, this can be desktop gadgets, the desktop background and many random programs (microsoft office and many NON-ms products too). These files do not come from other browsers, such as Firefox, those have their own cache

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com