Yauba

login123

Can't seem to get to any of the Yauba sites, nor find any news that anything has happened. Not just using IE7, but also some other browsers. Not on any blocked list on this computer, at least that I can find. Any ideas?

It was my home page. :(

Also, the free binary viewer called PEEK by Martin Lubich is not to be found anymore. ??

Also, mentioned elsewhere, Unlocker is gone. ??

Wazzup ya think?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators
Also, the free binary viewer called PEEK by Martin Lubich is not to be found anymore. ??

Also, mentioned elsewhere, Unlocker is gone. ??

You can still find them on download sites that host the download themselves. I've seen where some developers don't even have a website, they instead just post them on download sites and have the download site as their program homepage.

Unlocker can still be downloaded at:

* http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System.../Unlocker.shtml

* http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

I didn't try that, but tried some of the other Yauba sites, Australia, England. Just can't open them.

If it turns out that PEEK is really gone, I will edit a post I put in "Freeware" to reflect that. But I'm gonna give it a little time. That is a super little freeware, so I won't give up on it easily. I still have it somewhere on here if someone needs it.

Edit: Thanks, Andavari, I had forgotten that. Any Idea why that french site is no more?

Also, I don't know the rules for this kind of thing, but I would send PEEK to FileHippo if that is legal. Didn't agree to any eula, but would respect the author's wishes in this if I knew what they were.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

I didn't try that, but tried some of the other Yauba sites, Australia, England. Just can't open them.

They all resolve to the same IP (in California). So a downed piece of kit is looking likely, unless it's been taken down for some reason of course.

Also, I don't know the rules for this kind of thing, but I would send PEEK to FileHippo if that is legal. Didn't agree to any eula, but would respect the author's wishes in this if I knew what they were.

Hi, I am the author of PEEK and just stumbled by sheer accident onto the posting here. I had no idea that this old little program is still in existence.

You are free to send it to any freeware sites you like, as its completely freeware.

As this tool still seems to be in use I may host it too on my own site to keep it alive :) (that is, IF I have still a copy around). The site will be www.loramel.net.

Hi, mlubich. Glad you found the Piriform forum, nice people here.

Very gracious of you to go out of your way to offer PEEK freely. :) It is quick, light, very effective for looking into some otherwise inscrutable files. Thank you.

Your site looks very nice, waaaay over my head though.

Thats what I have, Andavari, in a zip file. Whole thing is just 12 kb zipped, about 26 kb unzipped.

I attached it to the post in the Freeware forum. Here.

If there is some reason I shouldn't do that, please let me know.

• Moderators
Thats what I have, Andavari, in a zip file. Whole thing is just 12 kb zipped, about 26 kb unzipped.

I attached it to the post in the Freeware forum. Here.

If there is some reason I shouldn't do that, please let me know.

Don't see any problem with it myself, unless the developer states he doesn't want that. Softpedia should pick up the program so it's at least on a valid download site. I don't know why the developer just doesn't submit it to download sites then just use a free MediaFire account to serve as the download server.