Bugs / suggestions for Recuva

redhawk

I've been using version v.133.451 and would like to make the following suggestions.

- Filters to exclude/include files that are unrecoverable or slightly damaged (depending on the user's choice).

- When using "Tree View" unrecoverable / slightly damaged files should be a different colour i.e. red / blue / green this would make identification of status quicker without having to hover the mouse over the filenames.

- Filename filter box should wait a few seconds until the user has stopped typing instead of adjusting the result with every keystroke.

Currently typing inside the filter box makes the program run incredibly sluggish if the recovery list is large.

- Previews of image files should check for valid headers before rendering and perhaps should not claim "Excellent" status if invalid.

Maybe it does check?? however something happened to Recuva when I previewed an "excellent" corrupted .jpg file one of the program threads was consuming 90% of the CPU load doing nothing.

(edit: I've tested it again and unable to reproduce the CPU consuming thread however I'll post the stack if it does)

- Renaming deleted files after using Secure Overwrite, since the contents can be removed and destroyed I see no reason why the filename cannot be changed also.

cheers,

Richard S.