unrecoverable files

red rose

hi, i'm having a complicated question actually but i really need to know before recover

my hard disk(removable) was corrupted weeks ago .. then by restarting the laptop the chkdsk process was made to the hard and almost everything on it was gone except 4 rar files , then my little sis deleted them so they overwrote other files .

after making the recovery process i found a file that i really want but it was overwritten , so i lost hope .. then i found another file that i wanted very much too but it was a file that overwrote another one which means

i found unrecoverable file & it was overwritten with a file that i lost in the chkdsk process & i wanted it soo much ,so when i recover the files, will i get that last one or not ??

more explanation:

filename - path - state - comment

7676893 - I:\?\ - unrecoverable - this file is overwritten with"I:\found.000\dir0026.chk\the name

so plz , i'm hoping to receive the answer as soon as possible & i'll be so grateful :)

note: the same file (the name) overwrote many other files not just one

thnx

• 2 weeks later...

I'll take a stab at this.

At this point I'd try not to write to the drive and recover what you can.

If you have Vista... and this may pertain to XP too, there's a function called Shadow Copy which may or may not be of any help once the original file is deleted. I have Vista Premium and while there's no official way to recover old files versions in Premium the Shadow Copy process is still ongoing. There is a free program

http://www.shadowexplorer.com/ that might help. Also one of the big name security suites... Norton or McAfee has some protection against deleting files. Maybe you have that too.

If worst comes to worst and the file is partially written over, it may be possible to recover a lot of the text from Word files.

Good luck.