What is it,Microsoft ?

abu aufa

My mom's PC got warned this morning that " you maybe victim of software counterfeiting ".Damn ....

As I know, she bought genuine software from authorized dealer.She already had XP Pro SP3 with all the latest updates from Microsoft (WU is on).

What should I do ? Reinstall or give it back to dealer and get new one. I can't believe this could happenned after long time.

Microsoft SHOULD ANSWER ! !

Thank for your suggestions .

My mom's PC got warned this morning that " you maybe victim of software counterfeiting ".Damn ....

As I know, she bought genuine software from authorized dealer.She already had XP Pro SP3 with all the latest updates from Microsoft (WU is on).

What should I do ? Reinstall or give it back to dealer and get new one. I can't believe this could happenned after long time.

If it came with the the COA Sticker (the one with the code on it) on the PC just call microsoft.

And they should help with re-activating it.

fireryone

It appears that you mom or someone has installled WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage) which checks if her CD Key is genuine. This problem has been talked about before do a search.

When I had WinXP installed I downloaded Windows Genuine Advantage a recommended by the updates. I didn't fully read the download page but once installed you can't uninstall. Its listed in Add/Remove but you can't uninstall. On startup I got the message your Windows XP could be counterfeit. When Windows startsup you don't see you normal desktop only a sign saying counterfeit or something. You click on the icon in the systray to verify you registration and it comes back counterfeit. Its a genuine WinXP hollogramed CD.

The only way I could remove this software was to do a system restore. ;)

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

As I know, she bought genuine software from authorized dealer. She already had XP Pro SP3 . . .

Hi, abu afa. Sorry you're having troubles. :(

Doesn't sound like the operating system generated the warning if "She already had XP Pro SP3" (for more than about 30 days), but if the OS did give the warning, it might be because of newly installed hardware or a BIOS change. Some info at:

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.php

and

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457054.aspx

The Microsoft phone guys are usually pretty helpful if a product reactivation is required for an os.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I know exactly how you feel. Microsoft needs some common sense. I downloaded a beta of windows server 2008 from the microsoft website!And microsoft decided that what i downloaded from them was not genuine and i may be a victim of counterfeiting

:angry: @#$!

Edit: Windows XP activation assistance web site is unavailable now. Thanks microsoft, we love your help

More of an edit:"While we've been pleased with the positive response we've seen and heard from customers using Windows Vista, there are some customers who need a little more time to make the switch to Windows Vista," Microsoft said in a press statement.

Even more Edit: The sad thing is, microsoft takes windows xp off the shelves and without activation it is useless. Hackers (Activation cracks) will last longer than microsoft will. Who should I have more faith in...?

Answer:

Hackers

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff