Don?t remove entry of Registry

MFJA

Hi, I have installed the version of ccleaner v2.18.878.

when I run the registry cleaner I always find the following entry that I am not able to delete:

Invalid file extension (80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79) HKCR \ (80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79)

And in the Resgistry equals:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ (80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79)

Does anyone know why and how to remove it?

Thank you

I had exactly the same problem with the same registry entry. No amount of running the Registry cleaning part of CCleaner would remove this entry. I also couldn't manually delete it via the Registry either as I was getting a security warning.

I then thought about what programs I had installed recently - the main one was Avira AntiVir Personal and specifically I had chosen an option (or at least I think I chose the option) under Configuration - (tick Expert Mode option) - General - Security to "Protect files and registry entries from manipulation". I unchecked that option and was then able to delete this registry entry and it has stayed deleted, even after I retick that security option.

As the registry entry is no longer there (I did a search through the Registry after re-enabling that security option, saving the configuration and restarting the computer) I don't know if that security option is really enabled any more but it has at least sorted out the entry that CCleaner kept finding and then failing to delete.

I had exactly the same problem with the same registry entry. No amount of running the Registry cleaning part of CCleaner would remove this entry. I also couldn't manually delete it via the Registry either as I was getting a security warning.

I then thought about what programs I had installed recently - the main one was Avira AntiVir Personal and specifically I had chosen an option (or at least I think I chose the option) under Configuration - (tick Expert Mode option) - General - Security to "Protect files and registry entries from manipulation". I unchecked that option and was then able to delete this registry entry and it has stayed deleted, even after I retick that security option.

As the registry entry is no longer there (I did a search through the Registry after re-enabling that security option, saving the configuration and restarting the computer) I don't know if that security option is really enabled any more but it has at least sorted out the entry that CCleaner kept finding and then failing to delete.

Thanks friend, the problem is already solved. Indeed this was the solution.

You're a genius.

Thanks again

superb, that worked for me too

i read a link from the site who make the avira programme and one of the mods said that its a private file for their use and are not allowed to discuss it!

mine is now gone too

man thanks

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks. I had the same problem, and your solution worked like a charm. I joined this forum just to say "thanks". :D

• 3 years later...

Hi. Old thread, but same issue.

I too kept having this show up and unable to delete/clean with CCleaner. But just found info (another forum) that claims it is part of Avira Anti-virus - which I have. So, I'll not worry about it...until I am shown it is NOT a Avira file extention. Any further insight welcomed.