CCleaner 2.15.815 Language Support

Keithuk

Hi all.

I've just downloaded and installed CCleaner 2.15.815. I checked the normal options they are all still there. When I checked additional files with Uninstall Manager it came back with a Lang folder in CCleaner with all the language dll's. This isn't really a problem because I only use English anyway.

When I check the languages available in Settings. The ComboBox doesn't really operate as it should do. You click on the Combo and it shows all the languages briefly then disappears then shows an obscure language, which I don't want. I didn't select it, it just jumped there. After a few practices you have to click the Combo and drag your mouse to the language you want to use. Not a great problem I just deleted the Lang folder now we are back to English.

This Combo action is neither use nor ornament. Come on Mr.G lets have the ComboBox operating, as it should do. You click the Combo and it opens up. You can move your mouse away and it stays opened up. You scroll up or down to the language you want to use, select it and job done. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Yeah I noticed that the folder was full of language DLLs for me too...

Windows Vista SP1

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

Yeah I noticed that the folder was full of language DLLs for me too...

Yes but when you tried to change the language in Options\Settings how did it operate? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Yes but when you tried to change the language in Options\Settings how did it operate? ;)
I did that test to :P after seeing that DLLs files and worked great...

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

Ok I installed it again and took it to work on a flash drive. It does work ok on WinXP, it must be a glitch of Win98. I wonder if Mr.G will fix it for the next issue? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Ok I installed it again and took it to work on a flash drive. It does work ok on WinXP, it must be a glitch of Win98. I wonder if Mr.G will fix it for the next issue? ;)

I vote for no Win98 support.

Win98 will not be supported on anti virus applications in 2009 so why should CCleaner support this dying operating system.

RIP MS-DOS 1.0-6.0, Win3.1, Win95, Win98, Win98SE and WinME. i2516_msdos.jpg

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I guess it must be CCleaner that loads all those language.bin files in the \temp directory. Which I would like to stop some way.

I check the \temp to see if something is there that I question. Just more clutter.

Checked and it's not CCleaner.

KenW

Win98 will not be supported on anti virus applications in 2009 so why should CCleaner support this dying operating system.

B***s**t, there is still anti-virus support for Win9x/ME with AntiVir Personal 7.00.03.02 and Avast! Home Edition 4.8.1296

I guess it must be CCleaner that loads all those language.bin files in the \temp directory. Which I would like to stop some way.

I check the \temp to see if something is there that I question. Just more clutter.

No Ken it loads all the language dll's into the CCleaner\Lang folder.

Now thats something else thats supprised me. If you download the Slim version of CC or Recuva these have all the addition language dll's in the package. This package is less that half the size of the full version and they work as they should do on the ComboBox, or used to the last time I tried Slim. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

RIP MS-DOS 1.0-6.0, Win3.1, Win95, Win98, Win98SE and WinME. i2516_msdos.jpg

Not all of us can afford to go out and buy a new system when your on a fixed income. So guess my old dinosaur of Win98SE will just have to do with CCleaner. Mine quit working when I upgraded to the 2.15.815 anyway. Sorry Guys!