Keep Selected Passwords

menych

Hi,

I would REALLY, i mean R E A L L Y, like an option to keep selected passwords for IE and FF.

It was a feature in a long-abandoned IE Privacy Keeper. But IEPK doesn't really work with FF.

I hope you can make it work!

Thanks

• Moderators

Hi menych, and welcome to the forum.

Are you talking about saving the cookies containing your login details/passwords for various sites?

If so, after logging on to the sites in question, close them down again, open CCleaner and go to "Options\Cookies" and look for the relevant cookies in the "Cookies To Delete" window, and move them across to the "Cookies To Keep" window.

If not there, they could be "Flash Cookies", or .sol files, which are kept usually in the following locations:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\EJR7ZWV7

and

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

Note, the bold highlighted number is a salted number, and will differ on your PC.

If here, you can add these locations to "CCleaner\Option\Exclude, and add folder, or file.

If this isn't what you mean, damn. :D More information needed.

EDIT: You just beat me Disk, but I'll leave it here for the "Flash Cookie" info.

Thanks for the responses

But Form Data is exactly what I am talking about...

I would like to clean it but for a few websites. Can that be made possible with next releases? As of now, it seems that I can simply choose whether to trash the whole thing or keep the whole thing...

• Moderators

I use a seperate portable browser for my AHEM adult needs.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com