Command line

alexchevrier

Hi everyone,

I've been using CCleaner for a while and it's a great program. I wanted to ask if there's a way to run CCleaner to clean the hard drive in a batch file. I work in schools and I would start the batch on all my computers at the end of the year.

While I was looking in the forum, I found about defraggler... it seems a good defrag program and I will install it on my computers... but it brings up the same question, is there a way to defrag the hard drive with a batch file ?

Thanks,

Alexandre

@echo off"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO

Be sure all the items are un-checked in the Windows and Applications that you do not want to clean.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

@echo off"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO

Be sure all the items are un-checked in the Windows and Applications that you do not want to clean.

Thanks for the help. How can you know for sure what items are selected if you use the /auto ? I wouldn't want to loose something important... Is there a .ini file or is it written in the registry ? Where is it ?

Alexandre

Thanks for the files... but it doesn't seem to work :(

I tried this :

I analyzed my computer with CCleaner when all options are checked.

I closed it and re-open it.

The items are still all checked.

I closed CCleaner and copied the 3 inis in the same folder as the .exe and launched again CCleaner.

All the items where checked... shouldn't some of them be unchecked if the ini are working ?

Alexandre.

Hi all,

Is it possible to Spybot to run test and shutdown the same way as Andavari has made it possible for CCleaner? :)

Further, I'd like to incorporate CCleaner, Spybot and AVG in a single batch file to run tests and shutdown as also have individual batch files - just wondering if its possible? got only as far as getting avg control centre to run :))

novice at it, but keen to learn; all help would be appreciated

cheers!!

Is it possible to Spybot to run test and shutdown the same way as Andavari has made it possible for CCleaner?
Why not ask in their forum?

http://forums.spybot.info

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Hmmm... sorry but my post seems to be going in another direction... Can someone tell me what to do with the ini files ?

I've put them in the same folder as the .exe

They don't seem to "overwrite" the settings of CCleaner.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks,

Alexandre.

Hmmm... sorry but my post seems to be going in another direction... Can someone tell me what to do with the ini files ?

I've put them in the same folder as the .exe

They don't seem to "overwrite" the settings of CCleaner.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks,

Alexandre.

Hello Alexandre,

The .ini files show exactly what is already embedded in the CCleaner.exe .

Start CCleaner.

Set all your settings the way that you want.

Before exiting the program go to Options > Advanced > Save all settings to INI file and check that option.

When you exit CCleaner the (2 small cc) CCleaner.ini file will be created in the CCleaner folder.This file will override what is embedded.

This file will also contain "cookies to keep" and any Include/Exclude entries that you might want also.

I hope this helps.You won't need the other .ini files unless you want to make changes to them and they will override what is already embedded.The (cc)leaner.ini file should suffice.

Best wishes,

:) davey

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/ CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com

P.S. I noticed that you referred to your School.

This may be of benefit to your school system but you be the judge of that.You might pass it on to higher-up technicians.

Running CCleaner over a domain to clean profiles, For network Administrators and Domain controllers

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=98819

Edited by davey