CCleaner v2.04.543: <empty> KB/MB bug

Morgane

I'm experiencing a new bug in CCleaner v2.04.543: In the analysis and cleaning lists, no figures are displayed for file sizes in KB or MB in the summary line and in the list itself.

The lists look like this:

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (0.108 secs)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MB to be removed. (Approximate size)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Details of files to be deleted (Note: No files have been deleted yet)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------IE Temporary Internet Files (384 files) MB...C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Local Settings\Temp\IMT4.xml KBC:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Local Settings\Temp\IMT5.xml 426 bytesC:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Local Settings\Temp\IMT6.xml MBC:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemess.log 97 bytes...etc.

Note that there are no figures in front of the KB or MB indications, but there are for bytes.

This is a new bug that did not appear in former versions.

Hi Morgane,

We have improved the performance for number formatting in CCleaner v2.04.543 but apparently this is causing you some problems.

We would appreciate your patience and also if you could help us solving this problem as we can't really reproduce it in any of our testing machines.

Can you please post more details of your system? OS version, IE version and etc...

What language of OS are you using? English or some localized version?

What language do you have set in?

For Vista: Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Formats (tab)

For XP: Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Regional Options (tab)

Thanks

Hi htome,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Her are my answers to your questions:

OS version: Windows XP SP2 US English

IE version: 6.0 SP2

Language and loacation settings of OS are English, but I have indeed changed the standard number formatting in "Regional and Language Options" to "123.456.789,00" (I need the decimal "comma" instead of "point" for my work).

I did not think of that before. I have tested it with temporarily changing the decimal/thousands separaters to comma/point, and then the figures show correctly.

(But shouldn't that normally be a transparent setting for properly coded application programs? - Please don't over-optimize, thus sacrificing compatibility!)

BTW, thanks for a great program!

CCleaner has become one of the absolutely indispensable utilities for me

Hi Morgane,

It is perfectly normal to do what you have done with your settings and indeed this was on of our testing plans (English and Portuguese number formatting). There is no optmization in CC that would disregard such settings.

We will investigate this issue further now that you have kindly informed us what is causing the problem.

Thank you for your help!

• 3 months later...
Hi Morgane,

It is perfectly normal to do what you have done with your settings and indeed this was on of our testing plans (English and Portuguese number formatting). There is no optmization in CC that would disregard such settings.

We will investigate this issue further now that you have kindly informed us what is causing the problem.

Thank you for your help!

---------------------

I also had that same bug, <empty> KB/MB indication and it also only occurred after version 2.04 and as stated before, I also have a personalized formatting for numbers (English (US) customized). Decimal symbol = comma (,) and the Digit grouping symbol is a point (.)

With this setting, the total size is empty, changing it to Decimal symbol = point (.) and Digit grouping symbol = comma (,), the size is displayed.

This setting is mine for many years, so it seems to be some change in the way CCleaner handles this information from version 2.04 onwards.

When I set the format to standard, CCleaner displays the information, whenever it's my customized formatting, the information is missing.

Thank you anyway for indicating this as the reason, as I uninstalled and reinstalled CCleaner to get rid of the problem, unfortunately without success.

By the way, my OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional (english) -- Locale United States -- Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

Regional and Language Options - Regional Options [tab] - Standards and formats: English (United States) - Number 123.456.789,00

Regional and Language Options - Languages [tab] - Text Services and Input Languages --> Default input language -- French - Swiss French

IE-Version 7.0.5730.11 --

Firefox : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14

My current CCleaner-version is v2.06.567