<upgrade> button in left pane

branke

• Moderators

I suspect it will become a manual process just like the Free version as although you'd have the Pro, it will be an unlicensed Pro so you should lose that added feature.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

please tell it some more concrete; I don't understand.

The question was: when I've purchased pro, and will have to update (not upgrade) áfter the first year (because updates don't come automatic anymore), hów do I update than manually? with the free version of with the pro-version? and will áfter such an update the <upgrade>button doesn't show up anymore?

• Moderators

I'm not 100% sure as I have yet to go past my first year with the Pro license.

But I suspect after the year, since you lose the Pro features of priority support and automatic updating, you will have to manually update just like you do with the Free version.

So you'd either click the Check for Updates link in the bottom right corner of CC, or you just go to the Builds page of Piriform and get it yourself, like most people do.

You'd then download it, and install it.

But you still will have the Pro version but it will be unlicensed since your one year is up.  So as far as your needs go, the Upgrade button will NOT show as you have no where to upgrade to, you are still on the Pro version.

Is there a reason why it is so important to get rid of that one, particular, little, button???

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

But you still will have the Pro version but it will be unlicensed since your one year is up.  So as far as your needs go, the Upgrade button will NOT show as you have no where to upgrade to, you are still on the Pro version.

Is there a reason why it is so important to get rid of that one, particular, little, button???

1) In the Free-version there's an option in which you can check a box to get informed when an update is available.

2) The reason why it's important to me to have ánd see that 5th unused <upgrade>-button in the left pane is, because I think it's surreptitious and it wasn't there in previous versions.