CCleaner vs CCleaner Pro?

Jeteroll

• Moderators

No features have been removed from free. "Complete cleaning", while very confusingly worded, has been described by the developers as referring to the multiple/all PC users in single cleaning session.

Edit: Also (to the chagrin of many) real time monitoring has been added to ccleaner free

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
What the really average person needs is not relevant because that person does not pay for Pro support.

Not sure what you mean. Anyone can contact support, priority is just given to paying customers

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Good to know Piriform is keeping CCleaner free and not falling into that pay per year thing that what seems like all software companies are doing nowadays :D

If you love the program and you been using it forever. why not support the developer by paying the 25 bucks? And yes, I do support developers that turn out great free apps when my budget allows.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I also created an account after reading this post.  The other day I was looking for a duplicate file program and only had a minute to look for it and could not find, however I knew it was here.  Then today CCleaner made an appearance --I wish it would make an appearance everyday!

The link below lists the differences, so it looks like the free version DOES NOT automate on its on but manual instead.  There are now Three versions

and honestly the price is so good that I will upgrade to the professional one if only because the program saves me a lot of grief!!  The link above doesn't not even list the duplicate file checker  (come on guys put it on there so people will know that is a huge benefit)!!  I'm using it for that reason.  The other things are just a bonus for me.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download?upgrade

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

the only diference is in the monitoring ...

not quiet the only difference.

there is also multi-user cleaning, auto-updates, priority support.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 10 months later...
On 11/1/2014 at 08:42, Nergal said:

Free version now has real time monitoring, has always (since feature was implemented) cleaning scheduled tasks.

It's usually not a good idea to offer alternatives to a product in its official forum...I don't think your post specifically breaks the non-competition rule so I left it but you come close and another moderator may not be a generous as i am at this very finite moment

What "non-competition rule"?

• Moderators

It's an unwritten rule you won't see in the forum rules set by the owner who told the mod staff years ago to delete topics/posts about competing products. We don't always do that though as we can just edit out the names and links of competing products, instead of just outright deleting something.