CCleaner vs CCleaner Pro?

Jeteroll

Hey guys,

I would just like to say that i have been using CCleaner for a very long time and I absolutely love it!

So I was wondering what exactly CCleaner pro does better then CCleaner free. I know you get support on the site, but what else is there, does it clean better or something?

Thanks a bunch guys :D

Awesome! Thanks a bunch TheWebAtom! Good to know Piriform is keeping CCleaner free and not falling into that pay per year thing that what seems like all software companies are doing nowadays :D

Although when I update CCleaner, it says only pro updates automatically :/ are you sure it's only the support thing?

• Moderators

they auto update, instead of going to the site to download, this is the one a only current difference

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Cooper, that's a valid move for the free version, but we're talking about the supported Pay (or "pro") version, for which there is a direct download update and the ability to speak directly (or at least via E-mail/support-ticket) with the development team. . . as opposed to listening to me prattle on for multiple posts before any real resolution is achieved ;)

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Cooper, that's a valid move for the free version, but we're talking about the supported Pay (or "pro") version, for which there is a direct download update and the ability to speak directly (or at least via E-mail/support-ticket) with the development team. . . as opposed to listening to me prattle on for multiple posts before any real resolution is achieved ;)

There should be more added to pro verison dont take away from free one because its always been freeware... but really average person does not need the auto updates or tech support just my opinon you can easily check internet for fixes or use update program.

but really average person does not need the auto updates or tech support just my opinon you can easily check internet for fixes or use update program.

What the really average person needs is not relevant because that person does not pay for Pro support.

• 2 years later...

Pro version is not that much different than the free version waste of money if you ask me. Auto updates, Customer Support .The free version still lets you know when a new version is available while start up, and takes you to the site to download and install the latest version so not much of a big deal in that regards, plus you can check yourself on a daily basis if you wanted to. Customer support is helpful to those that are new to the program, but for people who used it for years and knows the program it's not really needed either.  If your debating on customer support and auto updates well it's a waste in that regard as the free version will still let you know when a new version is available and that yours is out of date. Customer support is not needed as the program is pretty much straight forward and easy to use, but for the everyday average user than i would say stick to the free version you will simply save money for the same bits really.

For your information on the Piriform site there is no Professional version there is however Network Professional.

~copy and paste info from Piriform website removed by moderator

• Moderators

Something you may wish to think about is that the sales of the Pro version help keep the free version free.

With the Pro version you are also able to clean all users profiles on your machine.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

For your information on the Piriform site there is no Professional version there is however Network Professional.

is this not the Professional version shown here?

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

@ NXS

When I replied to your post earlier you had not at that time copy and pasted all that info from the Piriform site.

There was no need to do that really was there?

All the info you need is in the link mta has provided above.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

I suggest deleting all after the first paragraph in post #11 by NXS. 

Too many links, .pngs, & other stuff. 

Plus its redundant. 

Plus it is incorrect (edit:  that there is no pro version). 

No offense meant, NXS. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I suggest deleting all after the first paragraph in post #11 by NXS. 

Too many links, .pngs, & other stuff. 

Plus its redundant. 

Plus it is incorrect (edit:  that there is no pro version). 

No offense meant, NXS. 

Info removed now.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 3 months later...

My apologies for dredging up an old post, but my question seems applicable.

Many of my colleagues are unhappy that CCleaner free attempts to foist unwanted add-ons on our systems if users do not select the custom install option. I personally don't have a problem with that AS LONG AS users have the option to opt-out - and CCleaner provides that opportunity (without having to wait for the Slim version).

I understand and accept that developers need to feed and shelter their families too so if I have to uncheck a couple options to prevent unwanted stuff foisted on my system in order to get a "quality" program like CCleaner for FREE, then I have no problem overlooking the minor inconvenience. And besides, EVERYONE should ALWAYS select the custom install option whenever installing ANY program, not just CCleaner as some add-ons by some unscrupulous and/or greedy people are malicious. :angry:

Anyway - my question is this: Does CCleaner Pro attempt to foist any extra add-ons on to our systems? Or is that one more area where the Free and Pro versions differ?

Bill (AFE7Ret)

Freedom is NOT Free!

mvp25.gifWindows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2017

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

• Moderators

Many of my colleagues are unhappy that CCleaner free attempts to foist unwanted add-ons on our systems if users do not select the custom install option.   

Can you give examples of the unwanted add-ons?

Or are you referring to having to untick the Chrome browser or the Google toolbar offer when they are presented?

The offers, although unwanted by some, are plain to see during a normal (not custom) install and these offers have been there for quite a long time now.

Just another example of why you should take note of what is happening when you install any software not just CCleaner.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

No additional software (google bundle) comes with the PRO version's installer

• 4 weeks later...

Besides CCleaner Pro giving the handy Auto Updater -not having to go to the site to download and install the latest versions- to me what makes the big difference is that the Pro version now cleans automatically after you close your browser. (If you choose the option it do that.)

This was a feature I had suggested to Piriform already quite some time ago.

I used to have Window Washer from Webroot which also could be set to automatically clean the browser after closing:

"Window Washer 2011"

But with Windows 7 it did not work anymore -they discontinued support for it- and now it's bundled with Webroot's Security software: 

Since I don't use Webroot's security software I missed the automatic cleaning of the browser by Window Washer. That's when I suggested to Pirifom they implement this handy feature on CCleaner. They responded it was a good idea, and had put it on the "things to do" list.

I'm glad to discovered they did implement it in the Professional version of CCleaner.

Edited by Andavari
Competing product URL links removed by moderation

• Moderators

the Pro version now cleans automatically after you close your browser. (If you choose the option it do that.) 
Now the free version also does this

the Pro version now cleans automatically after you close your browser. (If you choose the option it do that.)

Now the free version also does this

The only thing I see that the free version does is notify you that you can save .50 GB.

Everything is still grayed out after you enable system monitoring.

No values or settings can be changed.

Capture2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I love CC Cleaner and I use the free version.

For anyone that wants the benefits of the PRO version's capability to clean the browser cache at each close, try Firefox or Chrome extension "CLICK AND CLEAN" - it will run CC Cleaner every time you close your browser and clean your cookies/cache/whatever you require.

Just install and configure the plugin - install, click program icon, check field that says 'run this program automatically  each time the browser closes' (it should already have  CC Cleaner listed), and make sure CC Cleaner settings are configured to your liking to clear cookies/cache or whatever you want.

*someone mentioned that Webroot's Window Washer used to do this. CC Cleaner and Click and Clean will do the same job! Enjoy.

However, I completely agree that Piriform does NOT make the differences between the Free and Pro versions very clear - obscuring this information makes them look shady, when in reality this is a very reputable company with an excellent product. I would strongly recommend they fix that. They mention that "complete cleaning" is one of the benefits of the PRO version which is NOT available in the free version. They do NOT explain what this means and therefore look rather like they are trying to hide something or appear to  be doing something useful (when they aren't).

My understanding is that the free version and pro version have the following differences:

-real time monitoring

-automatic updates

-scheduled cleaning tasks

-live piriform support

I hope that is it??!!

-str8arrow

• Moderators

Free version now has real time monitoring, has always (since feature was implemented) cleaning scheduled tasks.

It's usually not a good idea to offer alternatives to a product in its official forum...I don't think your post specifically breaks the non-competition rule so I left it but you come close and another moderator may not be a generous as i am at this very finite moment

• 2 weeks later...

I created an account just to reply to this post. I have used CCleaner free for years. I just went to update and noticed the feature list didnt look simular, Have I just not noticed or have they removed a lot of features from the free? The one that got me thinking was the "complete cleaning" what exactly does the free not remove?

post-71005-0-36974800-1415563294_thumb.png