Ccleaner Won't Open

Stargazer

My Ccleaner has been working well up until yesterday. I generally do my cleaning after I get offline, but yesterday, I was online, and I recieved a notice about "updating" to the new version. I clicked no. Last night I was offline, and I double clicked on the Ccleaner icon from my desktop, and it wouldn''t open as usual. (I clean my computer with Ccleaner every night offline, generally)

The bar at the bottom showed the Piriform tab, and that wouldn't do a thing, either. I tried to open it by right clicking, but no luck. I read about a way to run the cleaner from the recycle bin. That appeared to work, since the red light on my tower was blinking, and then stopped, but there wasn't a thing on my screen to indicate that anything was happening. Can anyone offer me help ? I do love my ccleaner. I have win xp pro. Thank you.

Have you tryed completly removing ccleaner? Not by using m$ built in remover but something like your uninstaller? (30day fre trial) then reinstalling ccleaner?

If it still working fine via right click shelle xtention have you also tryed going to the direct exe and tryed opening?

No fate but what we make

If you haven't restarted your computer for a while give that a try, it will often fix issues with programs not wanting to run.

I was hoping that "all would be fine" when I started up this morning, but it is still the same. I suppose I could uninstall, but the website FAQ's said that uninstalling, and downloading anew would erace my settings. I am really bugged about not even being able to look at my settings. I unchecked a few things, like autocomplete, and cookies when I first had ccleaner installed last year. I am a bit phobic about things going wrong when I make changes. I rely so heavily on my computer.

I might try updating to the new tonight, and hope that my settings will be kept as they are. Thank you all for your suggestions. I will keep you posted.

There is not that many settings to try check. surely having to re set your application takes priority over a non working app?

No fate but what we make