CCleaner won't clean Mozilla history etc

mina

:huh:

Hi,

Since I am using Firefox more and more as my primary browser (because IE is unsafe and provides a lot of ad-ware and spyware), I noticed that CCleaner does not clean the internet cache and internet history of Firefox.

This 'refusal to clean' also happened with IE sometimes, but after you had performed a second scan everything was cleared.

However, CCleaner doesn't clean the Mozilla cache and history AT all. Do other Mozilla/Firefox-users have the same problem? Any suggestions?

Hi,

Since I am using Firefox more and more as my primary browser (because IE is unsafe and provides a lot of ad-ware and spyware), I noticed that CCleaner does not clean the internet cache and internet history of Firefox.

This 'refusal to clean' also happened with IE sometimes, but after you had performed a second scan everything was cleared.

However, CCleaner doesn't clean the Mozilla cache and history AT all. Do other Mozilla/Firefox-users have the same problem? Any suggestions?

Always works first try here. What OS are you on?

Always works first try here.? What OS are you on?

Hello,

Sorry for the late response, but my OS is Windows XP. I also noticed that CCleaner also refuses to clean the 'search words' entered at Google. And the URL history remains even after running CCleaner several times.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,

Sorry for the late response, but my OS is Windows XP. I also noticed that CCleaner also refuses to clean the 'search words' entered at Google. And the URL history remains even after running CCleaner several times.

It's usually cookies and such that are retained, even history. Make sure everything relating to the browser is checked.

I also noticed that CCleaner also refuses to clean the 'search words' entered at Google. And the URL history remains even after running CCleaner several times.

I posted about this very same problem a week or so ago and so far haven't even had one reply as to how to solve this :-(

It also happens with IE as well as Firefox and has happened with several friends machines too so it *must* be a known issue with CC.

• Admin

Hi,

Since I am using Firefox more and more as my primary browser (because IE is unsafe and provides a lot of ad-ware and spyware), I noticed that Ccleaner does not clean the internet cache and internet history of Firefox.

However, Ccleaner doesn't clean the Mozilla cache and history AT all. Do other Mozilla/Firefox-users have the same problem? Any suggestions?

Can you let me know where Firefox is installed, and also the location of your profiles directory - where cookies.txt is located.

Firefox is installed at the place you've chosen (right click -> properties on the shortcut :))

Profile(s) Directory: App Data folder :)

As a temporary solution, you can goto Tools -> Options... then click on Privacy then click on the "Clear" buttons in Mozilla Firefox to get rid of history, etc.

MrG, dont know if this is any help, but the default path is C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Hi,

Hello,

Do you happen to have multiple partitions or hard drives in your computer? This might be a cause of the problem.

Do let us know where you, Mina have installed Firefox to. :)

Yes, listen to him, Tarun, you really need to inform the author about your path you have installed Mozilla Firefox in and other information about your system that could be relevant.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Tarun was poking fun at you, Eldmannen (and you know what? TuPLaD too), because you answered MrG about the default path of Firefox in general (which is irrelevant, and wholly known since MrG wrote Firefox support into CCleaner) when MrG wanted to know Mina's installed path, which could be drastically different.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

• 2 weeks later...
:) I don't, But when we all figure out how to get CCleaner wiping out search history in mozilla, We will all tell each other won't we.  :mellow:

Hi,

At this moment I don't have much time to answer some of your questions, but I just wanted to comment on this post. For the record, i only NOTICED that the search words were not cleared in Google. That doesn't mean that I have a problem with this fact nor do I look up 'naughty words' in Google.

Please check your facts before assuming things that are simply not true.

Sorry if I'm blowing this out of propertion, but I don't like being accused of something I am NOT doing. And what you 'implied' was really offensive to me, suggesting I am some kind of pervert.

And I am not the only one who commented about the 'search words bug' in Google, see the post of another user in this forum. However he or she didn't get accused of looking up 'naughty words'. :blink: So, why pick on me?

I know you were probably 'joking' around but I just wanted to set the record straight. As for Mozilla/Firefox cleaning, well, I am hardly ever online anymore, so problem solved... THanks for all your help though.

Greetz,

Mina

Hi,

At this moment I don't have much time to answer some of  your questions, but I just wanted to comment on this post. For the record, i only NOTICED that the search words were not cleared in Google. That doesn't mean that I have a problem with this fact nor do I look up 'naughty words' in Google.

Please check your facts before assuming things that are simply not true.

Sorry if I'm blowing this out of propertion, but  I don't like being accused of something I am NOT doing. And what you 'implied' was really offensive to me, suggesting I am some kind of pervert.

And I am not the only one who commented about the 'search words bug' in Google, see the post of another user in this forum. However he or she didn't get accused of looking up 'naughty words'.  :blink: So, why pick on me?

I know you were probably 'joking' around but I just wanted to set the record straight. As for Mozilla/Firefox cleaning, well, I am hardly ever online anymore, so problem solved... THanks for all your help though.

Greetz,

Mina

Seems to me like you had lots of time judging by that long reply. Mina i put it to you that you don't even know where you installed mozilla too. i put it to you that you were searching for naughty words! don't get so stressed we all do it, but i don't mind if people see me do it. :) No need to shout at me :(

I would make an excellent barrister wouldn't i?

• 1 month later...