CCleaner killing my Outlook 2013 Index File

Skipper1

Would someone please be kind enough to tell me what setting or adjustment needs to be made so CCleaner  Professional v5.28.6005 (64-bit) does NOT remove my Outlook 2013 Index File - (Win 7 Pro O/S)?

Your kindness and consideration is most appreciated,

Skipper1

• Moderators

G'day Skipper and welcome to the forums,

What index file are you referring to?

The only file Outlook needs is the .PST (or .OST depending on your email account type) file.

But to get you started, obviously untick the Office 2013 option on the Applications tab, and for good measure, I have EXCLUDE'd the following; %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office\Recent\ but that is for MRU's.

Do you have a filename for this index file?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Hello Pi,

I have already unchecked Office 2013 applications.  I do not have a name for the file.

What happens is I run CCleaner, then when I go to search for a contact (using the search box in Outlook Contacts) it finds nothing (not by first name, last name, company name, or any other content, notes, etc.) that I have under any contact record.  I then must re-index Outlook (which takes hours and hours.  When I go to close my browser (any of them) then CCleaner Pro does a Pop-Up reminder for me to clean the machine.  This shouldn't be so hard to figure out.  I added the MRU to the RegKey exclusion, but I do not want to run it again, was hoping that some smart person could hit the head on nail and tell me.  This is certainly not a one-time issue for Piriform.

Solution please....