Ccleaner Android Pro

I updated my CCleaner app through Google play the other day and noticed that there was now a pro upgrade available. Upon purchasing pro you are supposed to get access to a automated scheduler function, priority support from piriform & access to more new pro only features as they become available.

I decided to buy the pro upgrade so I could set the scheduler to run daily.

After purchase I completed a little survey about what pro features I would like to see added most, I then set up the scheduler to clean my phone on a daily basis at 8.45am. The next morning when I looked at my phone at 9am I saw a little notification informing me that CCleaner had performed it's scheduled clean. This morning I looked at my phone at 9am again but there was no notification and I found when I went into the application that the scheduled clean hadn't run.

I tried changing the time to one minute later than the time that it was right then to see if it cleaned it then. Again the cleaner didn't automatically run.

At a bit of a loss as to why it isn't working. I also could not find any way from within the app or on the piriform website that would enable me to contact them directly to receive the "priority support" I am supposed to be able to get.

Can anyone help with how to fix the problem with the scheduler and how I can contact perform directly to receive the "priority support"?

Hi!

Could you please tell me what device you're using and what version of Android you're running?

Thanks!

Hi Tom

I actually contact the support team via email using the link hazelnut provided. I received a similar reply from anders via email.

In case you want it anyway my device is a Honor 7 (PLK-L01) (European version). I am currently running Android 5.0.2.

• 10 months later...

This is exactly what im facing too.
The Ccleaner lost the schedule sudenly. The first week installed worked fine, hen nothing on schedule cleaning.

I run too the apk SMART MANAGER to delete all the CACHE.

Could be this be a problem for Ccleaner ? I doubt.

Anyway this is annoing me.

• Moderators

Hi Kawally, and welcome to the forum.

I run too the apk SMART MANAGER to delete all the CACHE.

I believe Smart Manager has an app killer as one of it's features.

I have Greenify to do the same thing with apps running unnecessarily once my phone goes to sleep.

I'm testing the scheduler at the moment, but to do that CCleaner has to be exempted from being "killed" by Greenify and I'm wondering if you have to do the same thing with Smart Manager.

I have no idea as to whether Smart Manager includes third party apps to "kill" by default which is why I'm asking the question. If it isn't being closed down by Smart Manager then I'll have to leave it up to the devs to find out why the scheduler is failing.

To that end can you post your device details and which version of Android you're running.

Thanks.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

the scheduled cleaning does work on my phone. My problem is that is does not close down after running eg. it shows that it is still running though it obviously doesn't. Neither can't open it via "top line notification" nor can't cancel it though it's been offered.

Using the task manager shows no running app.

Any suggestions?

Running Android 4.1.2 (I'm just a poor boy...)

• Moderators

Hi rattazong, and welcome to the forum.

Running Android 4.1.2 (I'm just a poor boy...)

I'm answering your query with XP. What does that make me?  :lol:

... it shows that it is still running though it obviously doesn't.

You'll have to forgive me if I'm missing what you're trying to say.

CCleaner has to be "active" for want of a better word, to enable it kick into life at the scheduled time, although it won't be "running" in the true sense in way of scanning or cleaning.

As mentioned in post #7 above, if it was completely shut down it wouldn't be able to run on a schedule. Are we on the same page here or am I missing completely the behaviour you're trying to describe?

can't open it via "top line notification" nor can't cancel it though it's been offered.

You've got me there. I don't understand what you mean by open it via "top line notification" or "cancel it though it's been offered".

If any of the other guys understand what that alludes to with regards to CCleaner running on a schedule, I'm sure they'll contribute to the topic, otherwise you'll have to help me out here and try to explain that in more detail.

Do your best and we'll get there.

:)

On an android device you can drag down the notification bar and access settings... so I wonder ifcan't open it via "top line notification" nor can't cancel it though it's been offered. ) is what  rattazong is saying ?

And as for "Smart Manager" ... on my Samsung Tablet I have to manually use it's features > in this case the RAM TAB which then gives you a choice to ether end all app's or selectively end only selected app;s.