Ccleaner and Port forwarding settings

tattdrgn19

To make a long story short, I use the port forwarding option in my modem to make gaming better. I am the only one that uses the modem and sometimes when i check the port numbers i put in are gone.

Every now and then i clean my computer with ccleaner, I am thinking ccleaner has a setting something to uncheck to not clean. Everything is checked off in the separate categories with the exception of the following:

Network Passwords in WIndows Explorer

Session, Saved Form Information and Saved Passwords in Google chrome (the browser i use)

I hope someone can help me, I dont want to keep re adding the port numbers, please let me know what to check off if i dont have it right above to avoid having ccleaner erase them which I am sure its whats happening. I can not see the modem doing it on its own due to like a update or something. I am the only who uses the modem. I have windows 10 64 bit if that helps

Thanks

• Moderators

for CC to change your modem settings it would need to know your modem's username and password for access.

even if you still have the modem's default values for those, it's not something CC would, or could, do.

as a work around until the culprit is identified, most modems allow you to save their settings to a file, usually a .bin file.

so save the settings, at least if the settings are lost you can simply restore them from the .bin file.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.