CC Pro notifications

Abetoni7

1. I am a new purchaser of CCleaner Professional. The software is supposedly designed to automatically clean, etc so why is it I kept getting notifications about updates and that my system needs cleaning? If it is automatic when do these messages stop?

1. I have trying to change my current password. I went into my account and went through all of the steps only to be advised that the email address is currently being used by another member. What did I do wrong?

• Moderators

g'day @Abetoni7, welcome to the forums.

I moved your post into its own thread as it was not relative to the winapp2.ini thread it was in.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

The notifications and automation for cleaning are controlled in Options, Monitoring.

With your password change, make sure you don't fill in the top section in your Profile settings, just the bottom part that deals with changing passwords.

• 4 weeks later...

Changing the password to this forum site is clear enough.

The password management within the main Piriform.com site/system (or parent system) is not at all secure.  It should be encrypted where no one, not even the top DBA, can access it.  That's why sites with legally confidential information send links to reset the password. 

When I clicked on "forgot password", Piriform sent me a new, weak password along with my user, all in the same email.  Then offered to change it to one of my preference by emailing Piriform with the new password.  Again, highly insecure. 

There is too much "fishy" stuff going on with the internet like malware, keyloggers, email interception, etc, I'm grateful PayPal was a payment option or would not have renewed.  Since you charge a single user to put CCleaner Pro on my main PC and also charge me to put Pro on my satellite 'dumb' laptop for web surfing basically - not even a "family" situation - Every Year - perhaps a new web security project should be considered.

Ex enterprise system developer :)

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

top right of forum, click your profile name, Account Settings, Password.

• 1 year later...

For months now: 

"We are currently in the process of upgrading our support system and so have temporarily disabled the change password feature on the website.

If you wish to change your support account details, you can submit a request to our support team suggesting a new password or email, and we will happily change this manually.

*Note* - Passwords cannot exceed 15 characters in length."

1. Temporarily disabled - phah! Months and months with no indicated date of when password entry would be possible. I queried how long it would be a month or two back and received an answer "we have no idea when"

2. The allocated password I received when signing up comes up in Dashlane as "Extremely weak"

3. Give a secure password to a human so they can enter it manually? Come on Piroform/Ccleaner! Seriously?

You guys need to get a grip on passwords real quick.

I’ve been awaiting the chance to change my CCleaner issued password to something more secure for a long time. It seems strange that this feature is not available when every other forum & site has the ability to do that.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.