Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

Thanks for the updates! :)

Just a suggestion:

We merged many entries to reduce the entries count and the file size of winapp2.ini. But what about the Adobe Acrobat and Reader entries?

[Adobe Acrobat *] = [Adobe Acrobat 2017 *] + [Adobe Acrobat DC *] + [Adobe Acrobat XI *]
[Adobe Reader *] = [Adobe Reader 2017 *] + [Adobe Reader DC *] + [Adobe Reader XI *]

Or do you prefer them separated?

39 minutes ago, APMichael said:

Thanks for the updates! :)

Just a suggestion:

We merged many entries to reduce the entries count and the file size of winapp2.ini. But what about the Adobe Acrobat and Reader entries?

[Adobe Acrobat *] = [Adobe Acrobat 2017 *] + [Adobe Acrobat DC *] + [Adobe Acrobat XI *]
[Adobe Reader *] = [Adobe Reader 2017 *] + [Adobe Reader DC *] + [Adobe Reader XI *]

Or do you prefer them separated?

There is no Adobe Reader 2017. They have Adobe Acrobat 2015 and 2017, perpetual desktop versions of Acrobat and Acrobat DC, subscription version of Acrobat.

I think we should keep them separate.

3 hours ago, SMalik said:

I think we should remove TokenBroker Cache cleanings from the Windows Store apps entries.

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?do=findComment&comment=292388

Please elaborate as to why you are making this recommendation.  I can not find much info on TokenBroker Cache.  Several websites recommend clearing the cache when there are errors loading various apps.  But that is a special case obviously.  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Revised Entry

Removed: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE

This is removing Feedback Hub account.

[Feedback Hub *]
DetectOS=10.0
Section=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\AC\INetCache\|container.dat

Again, we should remove TokenBroker Cache cleanings from the Windows Store apps entries.

2 hours ago, SMalik said:

There is no Adobe Reader 2017. They have Adobe Acrobat 2015 and 2017, perpetual desktop versions of Acrobat and Acrobat DC, subscription version of Acrobat.

Sorry, but how stupid are you? Once again and only for you:

On 22.1.2018 at 22:19, hand_polished said:

What else do you need? A screenshot? A mail from Adobe?

Revised Entry

Removed: .css and .js from the ExcludeKey1

Initially I thought that removing .css and .js files from [Cloud Experience Host  *] entry was removing Windows Insider Program account. I have spent a few hours investigating this and the issue was with the {Windows Subsystem  *] entry, which I have already fixed.

[Cloud Experience Host *]
DetectOS=10.0|
Section=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\AC\INetCache\|container.dat

Revised Entry

Removed:
%LocalAppData%\Comms\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
%LocalAppData%\Comms\Unistore\data|AggregateCache.uca

These files have nothing to do with Windows Communications Apps.
Removing AggregateCache.uca file causing issues for Windows Store.
Not every file with cache in the name is junk.

I have been watching these locations and never saw "%LocalAppData%\Comms\Temp" in there.

These are the only two locations that are there.
%LocalAppData%\Comms\Unistore\data
%LocalAppData%\Comms\UnistoreDB

Added: ExcludeKey1

[Windows Communications Apps *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\PRICache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\LocalState\LiveComm\*\*\DBStore\LogFiles|edbtmp.log
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistory
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\INetCache\|container.dat

A FEW RECOMMENDATIONS:

This exclude key should be added into each Windows Store app entry.
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\appname_*\AC\INetCache\|container.dat

This location should be removed from every Windows Store app entry. Store apps that use login info store that info here. Not all Store apps have this location.
%LocalAppData%\Packages\appname_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE

1 hour ago, siliconman01 said:

Please elaborate as to why you are making this recommendation.  I can not find much info on TokenBroker Cache.  Several websites recommend clearing the cache when there are errors loading various apps.  But that is a special case obviously.  

Store apps that use login info store that info there.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hand_polished said:

Sorry, but how stupid are you? Once again and only for you:

What else do you need? A screenshot? A mail from Adobe?

Please do not use insulting language on this forum. Last warning.

21 minutes ago, Augeas said:

Please do not use insulting language on this forum. Last warning.

I don't like it that way, but what do when someone continuously ignores the facts that he got from 2 members several times and claims false facts?

Edit: here is a screenshot:

reader2017.PNG

Revised Entry

Removed: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windos NT\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Data
This has nothing to do with Windows 8/8.1/10 Notifications. The data there is very weird. I looked online, but found nothing.

Added: 
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications\Backup

[Notifications *]
DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpnidm|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications|*.db;*.db-shm;*.db-wal
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications\Backup
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications\wpnidm

• Moderators
6 hours ago, hand_polished said:

I don't like it that way, but what do when someone continuously ignores the facts that he got from 2 members several times and claims false facts?

you take the high ground and play nice. :)

there may be language barriers, and who-knows what else where things are lost in translation and in the written form where body language, facial cues and voice inflections are lost.

plus @SMalik is in The US of A, so we must take allowances for that (just kidding around smalik, friendly OZ/US banter) :P:D

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

6 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

a new demo of winapp2ool is available

Hmmm, I was thinking that the TRIM re-ordered and alphabetized entries, but I see that it does not.  When I get a new winapp2.ini, I attach a fairly large Custom.ini on to it to cover my personal entries.  Then I TRIM.  The latest tool 1 (WinappDebug) shows that I have 538 errors because all my attached Custom.ini are tagged onto the bottom of Winapp2.ini.  This puts a lot of entries out of order.  

Any way to fix TRIM to re-alphabetize ?  The old TRIM.bat did this re-alphabetization.  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

16 hours ago, SMalik said:

Revised Entry
[Feedback Hub *]

15 hours ago, SMalik said:

Revised Entry

Revised entries:

Corrected syntax only (Section to LangSecRef).

DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*\AC\INetCache\|container.dat
[Feedback Hub *]
DetectOS=10.0
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_*\AC\INetCache\|container.dat

There are many modules where Section needs to be changed to LangSecRef

[3D Builder *], [Accounts Control *], [Cloud Experience Host *], [Comms Phone *], [Connectivity Store *], [Contact Support *], [Content Delivery Manager *], [Cortana *], [Feedback Hub *], [Get Office *], [Get Started *], [Kaspersky Now *], [Lock App *], [Maps *], [Messaging *], [Nikon Capture NX2 *], [People *], [Phone *], [Photos *], [QuizUp *], [Scan *], [Shell Experience Host *], [Sound Recorder *], [Store *], [Sway *], [Syncios Cell Phone Backup & Manage *], [Unchecky *], [Windows Feedback *], [Windows Retail Demo *], [Xbox *], [Xbox Identity Provider *]

It looks like "Section=numeric" should be flagged as an error in WinappDebug.

1 hour ago, APMichael said:

I created a pull request with all corrections on GitHub today. :)

these invalid section pointers are probably left over from before ccleaner had langsecref=3031

windows 10 apps used to be a winapp2.ini exclusive and were listed in a custom section similar to how games currently are

12 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

Hmmm, I was thinking that the TRIM re-ordered and alphabetized entries, but I see that it does not.  When I get a new winapp2.ini, I attach a fairly large Custom.ini on to it to cover my personal entries.  Then I TRIM.  The latest tool 1 (WinappDebug) shows that I have 538 errors because all my attached Custom.ini are tagged onto the bottom of Winapp2.ini.  This puts a lot of entries out of order.  

Any way to fix TRIM to re-alphabetize ?  The old TRIM.bat did this re-alphabetization.  

I have tentative plans for WinappDebug to be capable of fixing certain types of errors ( alphabetization will likely be the first) automagically after detecting them

5 minutes ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I have tentative plans for WinappDebug to be capable of fixing certain types of errors ( alphabetization will likely be the first) automagically after detecting them

To be sure that it is understood what I am referring to as "out of order".  I am not talking about alphabetizing the lines of code within a specific cleaning module.  I am talking about the alphabetizing of the modules themselves.  For example, ordering modules [Zemana Anti-Malware (Lng) *],  [Bookmark Backup *], [Windows Subsystems *] as [Bookmark Backup *],[Windows Subsystems *],  [Zemana Anti-Malware (Lng) *] within a Trimmed winapp2.ini.