Can't install ccleaner

Fritzbook12

Hi there, today i remove ccleaner from my pc - win10 64 bit - because of rumours it was no longer save. (backdoor problems) Also yesterday Comodo placed a ccleaner file in quarantine. see the attach file Today i tried to install ccleaner version 535 this was not possible (error) see the attache file

What can i do to get ccleaner on my pc? I hope somebody wil help me. sorry for my broken English  Thanks all the best from Ed B (The Netherlands)

post-80039-0-46703100-1506009402_thumb.jpg

I tried to install the update this morning. Got the same message, then I tried to open my original version 534  and it doesn't work either. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall 534(still saved in my download file.) and got the same "can not open" screen. Now I got nothing. Please help CC, I'm ready to spend some money.

Andavari--I've tried yesterdays release. I've been through pages of help on your site and Windows. The only advice from this site regarding the download problem on Windows10 is to sign in as administrator. I am. I downloaded 534pro on 9/19/17. I had no problems what so ever. Was quite happy with the product. This morning I got a notification about the upgrade. I clicked on the notification link to the update and now after 5 hours of trying everything I could read from this site, I have neither 534 or 534pro or 535. I use Firefox. Don't have Chrome. Is it possible that when cleaning my system, I cleaned something that Windows didn't like?

• Moderators

@DuffyD download the portable version from piriform.com/ccleaner/builds copy ccleaner.exe and ccleaner64.exe and paste them into the install path (usually c:\program files\ccleaner )

Before doing this make sure ccleaner is not running (also check the system tray in case monitoring is activated)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Boy Oh Boy. Now I feel like a fool. I did as you said and, when I went to the CC file in programs, there sat CCleaner 5.35.0.6210 and CCleaner 64. At no time was I told it had installed and I'm thinking it doesn't install but sits there isolated and runs when you click the 5.35. file. Because it did. When I pull up a the list of programs installed, it's not there. I created a shortcut, tried it twice and it works. Thank you Nergal for your help. It never occurred to me to look in the file to see what was there.  I once spent six hours trouble shooting an electric clothes drier before it occurred to me to check the plug. Dumb ain't fixable. This is the free version and  I will give it a couple days ride then hopefully go pro.

Just a quick follow up. Every time the the program failed to install, the message said "CCleaner64.exc failed to open". With that in mind and knowing that it already existed in my program file, I saved the CCleaner 5.35.0.6210 file to storage, just in case, and again tried to load CC-Pro. When I got the abort notice I selected continue. It worked. I'm now back on my 14 day trial with 535pro.  What a day. The sun is again shinning over my abode. What I don't know is how the free version got there in the first place. Possibly when I followed Andavari's advise. Though that too aborted during installation. Thanks again for the help.

Just seen that DuffyD problem was solved? I'm still work without ccleaner. I have tried the portable version, that was not the solution and i'ts giving me a lot of problems to remove the portable version.

II have tried to remove the ccleaner map in the programfiles map and again this option don't work because a matter of administrator rights.

What can i do to get ccleaner on my system?  Thanks for helping me

Just seen that DuffyD problem was sold? I'm still work without ccleaner. I have tried the portable version, that was not the solution and i'ts giving me a lot of problems to remove the portable version.

II have tried to remove the ccleaner map in the programfiles map and again this option don't work because a matter of administrator rights.

What can i do to get ccleaner on my system?  Thanks for helping me

• Moderators

What can i do to get ccleaner on my system?

See if anything in here is helpful:

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=5739

Note that usually just unzipping the Portable ZIP version over a pre-existing version should work. Just remember to delete the portable.dat file which is included with the Portable ZIP version before attempting to start CCleaner.

Hello everybody, the problems are solved. I removed the old ccleaner folders  with a little help from revo uninstaller and after this i installed ccleaner 5.35.6210. without any problem.

I would like to thank everybody who's trying to help me, and again sorry for my broken english....