missing shared DLL's

Fred Nerk

Not quite clear what your question is. Do you have some missing shared DLLs, or do you want to delete some so they will be missing? :)

When uninstalling software you are sometimes asked if you want to allow deletion of shared DLLs. If you are not 100% sure, better say No. If you have a recent full system backup, then you may reply Yes (which will allow you to restore if you deleted something by mistake).

Welcome to the CC forum, by the way!

I see now. Shared DLLs (Dynamic Load Libraries) are DLLs that are shared between multiple applications. When uninstalling applications, and they are no longer needed (as explained in my previous post), they may be deleted.

However, sometimes references to these DLLs are still left in the registry, hence "Missing Shared DLL"s.

Always let Ccleaner take a backup of registry entries to be deleted, in which case it is pretty safe to delete just about anything Ccleaner find.

Happy Ccleaning!

• 5 years later...

こんにちは pwillener,

I had the exact same question that Fred Nerk had:

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:33 AM

How do you know what is safe to delete?

Missing shared DLL

You have partially answered it for me. You also said (as explained in my previous post).

Too learn more about DLL, I would like to go to this previous post but I don’t know how. What do I do?

Also, there are other issues in my present scan e.g. ActiveX/COM Issue, Help File Issue.

May I ask about these in this thread or must I post a new (or search for this) question?

• Moderators

While old topic is old, the quick answer is found in my signature

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com