IE Temporary Internet Files

MrKite

If this has already been discussed, I apologize.  Recently, when I run ccleaner it shows deleting Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files, 5,121 KB.  It keeps reappearing after deletion like something is looping.

I have unchecked everything I could find in IE, even tried turning it off, but to no avail.  Has anyone else seen this?

If this has already been discussed, I apologize.  Recently, when I run ccleaner it shows deleting Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files, 5,121 KB.  It keeps reappearing after deletion like something is looping.

I have unchecked everything I could find in IE, even tried turning it off, but to no avail.  Has anyone else seen this?

You should check everything in IE - except cookies.  Also remember in Windows 10 - there is Edge and IE. 

The other thing I can think of is maybe there is a antivirus program running that is trying to connect to the internet?

I checked the location of the files that are/are not being deleted - C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\SuggestedSites.dat

When I follow this path I get to Windows but no INetCache folder.  This tells me the folder is indeed being deleted, but why does it keep reappearing in ccleaner?  A ccleaner bug perhaps?

What is the entry that lists SuggestedSites.dat?  I have windows 7 still and don't have anyhting you mentioned pasted \Windows\ ......

that path does not appear in the *.ini files inside CCleaner.exe or in the current winapp2.ini - so not sure how it's getting found in the first place

I double-clicked on the IE Temporary Internet Files, 5.121 KB, that keeps appearing, and that is where I got the path information.

You hit the nail on the head, "so not sure how it's getting found in the first place" - me neither.  Not a big deal, apparently no such file exists, but it is intriguing.

Here is the entry that I exported from CCleaner.exe

[Temporary Internet Files]
ID=1001
LangSecRef=3001
LangRef=3101
Detect=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Default=True
SpecialKey1=N_INT_TEMP

I have no idea what N_INT_TEMP does and I searched all the forums on Piriforms site and no relevant matches were found. 

No ideas - maybe contact the programmer -

I stumbled upon the fix.  I opened up IE, Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab.  Under browsing, I checked 'Enable Suggested Sites'.

The entry is now gone from ccleaner.  Thanks for your interest and help.

• 3 years later...

I know this questions has been asked and probably answered but -

I use CCleaner Professional after I close the default browser, FireFox, but it will not clear two Internet Explorer files

C:\Users\Benetta\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\SuggestedSites.dat – 5121 KB

C:\Users\Benetta\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\deprecated.cookie – 1 KB

And one Windows file -

C:\Users\Benetta\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V0100474.log – 512 KB 

No matter how many times I run the cleaner, these 3 files continue to show up every time, so I know these files have not been cleared from my computer.

I have a Windows 10 – 64bit system and do not use Internet Explorer as my browser.  (I can’t delete, or make inactive, IE 11 because QuickBooks needs some IE file to operate.)

Is there any way to clear these 3 files from my system?

Just so you know, I am not computer savvy – There was a reply as follows (but I don’t understand what or how).

Posted August 19, 2016 by CSGalloway

Here is the entry that I exported from CCleaner.exe

[Temporary Internet Files]
ID=1001
LangSecRef=3001
LangRef=3101
Detect=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Default=True
SpecialKey1=N_INT_TEMP

• Moderators

I can't say for definite without checking the others.

But 'depricated cookie' will always be recreated if/when you delete it.

If you open it in notepad you will see that it's just a notice that cookies are no longer saved there.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

This is an empty index, it's recreated by the os after ccleaner deletes it.  All of your examples are files recreated empty after deletion.

3 hours ago, BS OConnor said:

C:\Users\Benetta\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\SuggestedSites.dat – 5121 KB

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

See this for an explanation of why you will always see these files in CCleaner:

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043