ublock users

hazelnut

hello dvdbane :) this works as in your #21 and #24, thanks again.

efee18-1444257751.jpg

unchecked "Striktes Blockieren für diese Seite an-/ausschalten" --> "Strict blocking for this page on / off"

the look-icon is gone after pressing and it works fine and permanent. :)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

the answer from malwaredomainlist...

Hallo,

Ich habe mal den ersten Link aus unserer Datenbank überprüft.

Unter www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/f8abcf-1409116740.jpg findet sich z.B. noch immer Linux-Schadsoftware anstatt eines Bildes. Somit hat der Eintrag in unserer Blocklist seine Berechtigung.
Warum sollten wir bilder-upload.eu von der Liste entfernen, wenn noch immer eine Bedrohung davon ausgeht?
Hello there,

I once checked the first link in our data base.

Under www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/f8abcf-1409116740.jpg be found, for example, still Linux malicious software instead of an image. Thus, the entry has its place in our blocklist.
Why should we bilder-upload.eu remove from the list, if still pose a threat to them?

but ok --> it works with dvdbanes advice :D

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Basically they're stating that because bilder (while seemingly popular amongst European) does not have a good practice of making sure uploads are what they say and that malware domains has in the past and continues to find embedded malware in the images.

You may wish to look into more reputable picture upload sites

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Many upload sites contain malware in uploads even those which are popular. Can't imagine why scanning the servers with anti-malware/anti-virus doesn't eliminate the infected files then again maybe they don't scan.

• Moderators
Many upload sites contain malware in uploads even those which are popular. Can't imagine why scanning the servers with anti-malware/anti-virus doesn't eliminate the infected files then again maybe they don't scan.

That's my guess, is that malwaredomains decided that either bilder is, accidentally or purposely, not scanning or uses poor scanning software. And that, when contacted about malware (as I assume is done by a reputable hosts provider), were unresponsive/took no action.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

ublock v1.2.1

gorhill released this

7 hours ago

• 3 weeks later...

ublock v1.3.2

gorhill released this

Oct 28, 2015

New:

[Chromium] question/suggestion: centralized custom filter/whitelist settings? This needs to be tested by an admin, in a proper environment, I can't test this myself. Will wait for feedback.

Closed as fixed: Pale Moon/SeaMonkeyCore

• 4 weeks later...

ublock v1.3.5

gorhill released this

5 days ago

Closed as fixed: Pale Moon, or older versions of Firefox

ublock v1.3.6

gorhill released this

21. November 2015

• 3 weeks later...

oh yes :) thanks hazelnut

ublock v1.4.0

gorhill released this

3 days ago

Notes:

This version will be uploaded to the Chrome and Opera store. However it needs to be approved before being available, so expect it to appear early next week.

New: Ability to use Adguard filter lists

You can now directly use Adguard filter lists. Filters which use Adguard-specific filter syntax extension will simply be discarded by uBO. If you want to use an Adguard filter list, you will have to import it as an external filter list.

Popunders

A new filter type is introduced: popunder. This gives uBlock Origin the ability to block popunders. Popunders are when a web page opens a new legitimate content in another tab or window, while at the same time loading nuisance content in the current tab. They are essentially the reverse of what is happening with nuisance popups, where the nuisance content is opened in a new tab or window.

Since the popunder option is specific to uBO, any instance of sites using popunders will have to be reported here so that filters can be crafted to address the issue for those sites.

Closed as fixed: FirefoxPale Moon / SeaMonkeyCore

additional:

Redirection infrastructure

Consider this still experimental. This adds the option to map blocked network requests to uBO-provided resources. Specifically, this solves issue raised in #949/#1043 -- and more generally consider this yet another tool in uBO's arsenal to enforce users' choices.

The library of resources which are used for redirection is -- and will always be completely under control of uBO, this is not something under the control of any 3rd parties. This ensures only safe resources are used for redirection.

It could be said this feature is vaguely similar to NoScript's surrogates, except that in the case of uBO it's network redirection to plainly map one resource into another one, and it can be used for any kind of resource, not just scripts (anything which can be represented with a data: URI).

Only blocked network requests are candidates for redirection.

To create a redirection filter, just add the redirect=[...] filter option to it, like so:

||example.com/badimage.*$image,redirect=2x2-transparent.png

The [...] is a token identifying the resource to which to redirect: it must be a resource which appears in the redirection library. With the example filter above, a web page will not see that the resource was blocked.

For the redirect= filter option to be taken into account, some conditions must be met by the static filter, for efficiency purpose. The static filter ...

• must be hostname-anchored, i.e. starts with ||.
  • must have one type specified -- negated types are not valid.
  • must have a redirect token which identifies an existing resource in the redirection library.

If at least one of the above conditions is not met, no redirection will take place, though the filter will still block matching network requests.

Example of cases solved by the redirect filter option:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Ublock Origin now updated to 1.5.0.

Download for Firefox (download works on SeaMonkey too)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

A little bit of info on ublock0

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Quick-guide:-popup-user-interface

What the different blocking modes do and how to use them

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

ublock v1.5.0

gorhill released this

a day ago

New:

Ability to inject script resource from the resource library directly into a page -- i.e. not through redirection. Can be used to defeat some otherwise hard to defeat ad injection mechanisms on some sites. More specifically, this allows to defeat AdDefend- or Yavli-based ads on many sites (as of writing), which so far were defeated only through inline script tag filtering -- so this means that now Chromium-based browsers can also bypass AdDefend/Yavli (for example, see #1100). Some documentation available here (will eventually create a dedicated page).

Enabling advanced user mode won't cause the tooltips to be disabled anymore. There is now a separate setting for tooltips in the Settings pane: "Disable tooltips". Tooltips are enabled by default.

Closed as fixed: Chromium:Core:

My first experience with an adblocker.  No, haven't been living in a cave, just never used one.   :P

For several days now have been using uBlock origin with SRWare Iron portable, sandboxed. 

Remarkable software, great time saver for this setup. 

I use an old version of Outpost firewall, and because Powershadow is running, it is difficult to configure the blocked sites, so there are lots of request popups (from the firewall).  This uBlock origin software just stops them before they get to the firewall.  Works Fast. Stopped 63 requests on one of the weather sites I visit.     

Since the Iron browser is running sandboxed, it is easy to correct mistakes in the uBlock o settings, just don't save the settings and start again.  

Trium, am I right in assuming that post #44 refers to uBlock Origin, not the newer version after it forked? 

How does uBlock origin compare to Adblock Plus?  

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

adblock vs ublock origin are very similar, even use the same lists.

what made me convert was the stories (rumours) of adblock selling its soul and 'allowing' certain things through if someone crossed their palms with silver.

plus, as it turns out, I personally have found ublock so much better, in privacy, blocking, customisation, updating...

(I'm even wondering if I still need Ghostery, uBlock seems to cover the same ground plus kicks in first)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

How does uBlock origin compare to Adblock Plus? 
in term of blocking ads using ABP filter syntax, like mta said, similar
but

uBlock Origin is not an "ad blocker", it is a wide-spectrum blocker, which happens to be able to function as a mere "ad blocker". But it can also be used in a manner similar to NoScript (to block scripts) and/or RequestPolicy (to block all 3rd-party servers by default), using a click-and-point user interface.

i only change to uBlock because its feel lighter on FF than ABP but might change now after FF release patches that fix problem with ABP

nearly change back to ABP after gorhill gave the project to other person but stay with uBO when gorhill release uBO

now, i don't think i can go back to ABP

reasons

- example.com##script:contains(...)

- Dynamic Filtering

adblock vs ublock origin are very similar, even use the same lists.

what made me convert was the stories (rumours) of adblock selling its soul and 'allowing' certain things through if someone crossed their palms with silver.

plus, as it turns out, I personally have found ublock so much better, in privacy, blocking, customisation, updating...

(I'm even wondering if I still need Ghostery, uBlock seems to cover the same ground plus kicks in first)

just disable acceptable ads and all ads will be block

regarding whether you still need Ghostery or not, try read Blocking Mode or here

from what i read, you don't need it but Ghostery might block what uBO misses because they use different set of filter

for the 2nd link, if you're gonna read all, might be better if you skip first 50 page

Thanks to Hazelnut for the heads up, and thanks for all the information, and for the benefit of your experiences.  

I had seen that about "a wide-spectrum blocker" and some of the other explanations, but there is no substitute for advice from experienced users.  

In my brief experience, uBO is noticeably faster that Adblock Plus. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

ublock 1.5.1

gorhill released this

a day ago

Closed as fixed: Core: