Content.IE5 out of bounds?

Running latest version on Win7 Pro.

Maybe someone can just confirm that CCleaner not allowed to clean this folder - C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\*.*
I applied it under Custom Files and Folders but it remains a no go. I can see the folder's properties is grayed out, tick visible, at 'Read-only (Only applies to files in folder)'.

I never use IE11 and therefore the settings within not applicable.
Currently the folder contains 32 sub folders with 2269 files, I do manually shred these sub folders now and then.

I suppose I'll require another prog to execute above but been using CCleaner for years and very happy with it.

- Did you disable IE 11 ? I could imagine that then CC greys out that IE option.

- I know that some programs use & need IE in spite of not being used by a user. E.g. when one opens a *.gif picture. To see the animated picture it needs IE.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

Bedankt Willy2, nope niet geprutst with IE11, I ensure it's regularly patched and that's it. I've also noticed that 99% of folders/files under Content.IE5 coming from PoptrayU and that confirms what you said.

In the meantime I looked at a few other cleaning programs and decided against, too risky to scratch even further. I'll just regularly shred these folders via OW Shredder.

MVG