cCleaner changes time stamp on Outlook PST file

After installing cCleaner on my Surface Pro 4, i7, 256 SSD, 8GB I encountered an issue with the time stamp on the Outlook 2016 PST file changing every time the Surface was turned on - either a full boot or coming out of sleep. This caused a problem as this file is shared via Dropbox between my surface and the desktop so a changed time stamp on the PST file usually resulted in a conflicted file reported by Dropbox.I finally narrowed it down to cCleaner. I can't figure why cCleaner needed to check the file on a windows boot or if it did why it needed to change the time stamp. So I disabled cCleaner in the Windows Task Manager startup folder and on the next restart, the PST file time stamp did not change.

Is this a bug?

Guest Steve Piriform

Hi bmclachlan,

This is not something we have had reported before, but it certainly warrants some additional investigation. Would you be able to submit a support ticket here. Please mention that you originally posted in the forum, and my name - Steven. Please try to include as much information as possible, including the version number of CCleaner that you are using.

Thank you for your help, Steven