If I run (free) Defraggler over and over, will colored squares come together?

My_truckalogue

If I run (free) Defraggler over and over, will colored squares eventually come together? 

I like to watch the reading a writing (yellow, green), and I'm curious to know if running the program over and over will eventually bring all the colored squares together into one 'block' of colored squares?

• Moderators

sadly no.

or to be more optimistic, only if you are very lucky.

there is simply too much happening 'live' as the defrag is running, that is, background, system processes you have little control over.

doing a defrag with the PC in Safe Mode may improve your chances, but you are seeking the Holy Grail of computing.

it simply never happens in the real world.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

I know exactly what you are looking to achieve, I used to wonder about it for many years (and occasionaly tried hard to get it to happen).
I have no doubt that many others would like to see the same, all the little squares 'joined up' at the start of the display.

It's not going to happen with any defragmenter, (I won't say never, that's tempting fate) and to be frank it doesn't matter, it is not going to make any difference apart from looking 'pretty' on the display.

I suggest that you resign yourself, like most of us have, that wishing for things like this are just a part of having OCD, which everyone messing with computers has to have to a greater or lesser extent.

Of course if you can code something that will actually do it (not just look like it does on a display - that would soon be debunked) then you could probably make a lot of money selling it to the rest of us with the same OCD.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

I suggest that you resign yourself, like most of us have, that wishing for things like this are just a part of having OCD, which everyone messing with computers has to have to a greater or lesser extent.

nukecad has it exactly right.

Well, apart from his second sentence only taking up one line when the others take up two.

That's just wrong.     yahoohairpull.gif

• Moderators

Well, apart from his second sentence only taking up one line when the others take up two.

That's just wrong.     yahoohairpull.gif

LOL. Sorry for that Dennis, it's not one of my OCD's. (I've now edited it to concatenate the first 2 sentences though, is that better?).

I do, usually but not always, try to seperate sentences by white space, IMO it makes things easier to read. (2 lines here  too :D ).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

It's not one of mine either, but it just sprung to mind as I read the topic, so I thought I would share.  :lol:

Mind you if you want to talk about pictures hanging straight, benches and shelves being "spirit level" level and other similar foibles, then I'm your man.

A noble edit all the same and seeing as it's Christmas, nine ten out of ten.

Apologies to the OP My_truckalogue for hijacking his topic, but I'm sure he won't mind. It's Christmas.

:)