Redneck Fishing

Humpty

These redneck fellas are using their arms as bait to catch giant catfish. :blink:

LOL :lol: ,I luv the way the 2nd guy comes up out of the water with a catfish on his arm and still wearing his sunglasses!

If those things were going after human arms I would imagine they would have no problems taking down a small child. I am surprised you don't hear about that happening. I didn't know catfish fed on humans. Those guys are about as red as a red neck can get :o

Nothing. They are just Catfish. That was probably a couple weeks dinner for those guys. I bet those guys names were Billy Bob and Jethro or something similar :lol:

I bet that Elly may, Granny, & uncle Jed, would be proud of em :lol: ...I'd luv to see em do that in the cement pond!

Sometimes when those "good ole boys" are noodling they are

in a cement,concrete ,tarmac or asphalt

pond,stream,creek or river(along old submerged roads or highways).

Some have fingers or limbs are "lost",bitten or attacked by other riparian creatures.

Some noodlers are "lost forever noodling".Just another way of life.

R.I.P,.

davey

DennisD,

The catfish are worth filleting and keeping in the freezer.Plus they have huge cookouts.

Craigatus knows about this."Put another Pron on the Bar-B,Mate."

The fingers,hands and arms are worth a lot more.The lives lost, invaluable.Fortunately,very rare.

They always follow Sportsman's Rule #1.

Edited by davey

What is noodling and what is meant by "the cement pond"? I don't speak red neck well :P I would assume that noodling is something to do with how they were fishing but what specifically does it mean?

Hi Anthony :D , haven't you ever watched the Beverly Hillbillies TV show? with "the cement pond" (In ground swimming pool) at their mansion in Beverly Hills.

I'd luv to see em do that in the cement pond!

And yes I Googled (Noodling) and it basically means "fishing by hand" for catfish.

10121.jpg

Jed Clampett and kin, a poor Ozark Hillbilly family, were barely surviving until one lucky day. Jed while hunting for food in his swamp missed his target and struck the ground with his shot. Up through the ground came a bubblin' crude, Oil that is, Black Gold, Texas Tea. After selling his swamp to the OK Oil Company for $25 Million, Cousin Pearl convinces Jed he should move his family to...Beverly Hills.

I luved that show when I was a kid1%20(23).gif

What is noodling and what is meant by "the cement pond"? I don't speak red neck well :P I would assume that noodling is something to do with how they were fishing but what specifically does it mean?

"the cement pond"? is a swimming pool.

The Beverly Hillbillies is an American television series about a hillbilly family transplanted to Beverly Hills, California after finding oil on their Bug Tussle land. A Filmways production, the series aired on CBS from September 26, 1962, - May 23, 1971 and comprises 274 episodes -- 106 in black-and-white (1962-1965), and 168 in color (1965-1971). The show starred Buddy Ebsen as Jed Clampett, Irene Ryan as Daisy "Granny" Moses, Donna Douglas as Elly May Clampett, and Max Baer, Jr. as Jethro Bodine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beverly_Hillbillies

I liked Elly May who was patterned after a daily comic strip Li'l Abner whose name is Daisy Mae

http://www.lil-abner.com

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

"the cement pond"? is a swimming pool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beverly_Hillbillies

I liked Elly May who was patterned after a daily comic strip Li'l Abner whose name is Daisy Mae

http://www.lil-abner.com

Hi Kenny ;) , I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that liked Elly May :D .

In my younger days we used to do it all the time only we called it "graveling". Male catfish make a nest, the female lays the eggs, the male fertilizes them and then he guards the nest for weeks waiting for the eggs to hatch and as the mommy catfish swims off to meet other fellows ;) What you do is run your hand up in holes in the river bank and wiggle your fingers, or toes in some cases, and the fish thinks it's either food or something coming after its eggs and it bites. It will eventually let go so you have to be quick and reach in with your other hand and grab it's lips or its gills. They put up one hell of a fight too. Bloody knuckles are common. I believe it's illegal now in Texas, but some states such as Oklahoma still allow it. It's fun, in a very scary sort of way.

In my younger days we used to do it all the time only we called it "graveling". Male catfish make a nest, the female lays the eggs, the male fertilizes them and then he guards the nest for weeks waiting for the eggs to hatch and as the mommy catfish swims off to meet other fellows ;) What you do is run your hand up in holes in the river bank and wiggle your fingers, or toes in some cases, and the fish thinks it's either food or something coming after its eggs and it bites. It will eventually let go so you have to be quick and reach in with your other hand and grab it's lips or its gills. They put up one hell of a fight too. Bloody knuckles are common. I believe it's illegal now in Texas, but some states such as Oklahoma still allow it. It's fun, in a very scary sort of way.

Do they have teeth of some kind? Doesn't it hurt if you get bit or what? :blink: Did you ever get bit by a snapping turtle :o What if it bites your male "fishing pole" :lol: Explain that to the woman. :P I was noodling and lost my noodle :lol:

Do they have teeth of some kind? Doesn't it hurt if you get bit or what? :blink: Did you ever get bit by a snapping turtle :o What if it bites your male "fishing pole" :lol: Explain that to the woman. :P I was noodling and lost my noodle :lol:

They don't have teeth so much as they have very coarse sand paper on their lips. But inside their mouths their gills are sharp as razors. Cut you up!! As far as noodling with your noodle, best to only go noodling in very cold water. Shrinkage, you know ;)