Wipe free space deleted space how do i get it back?

ktrue

We have fixed a bug that could cause some temp files to be left behind during wipe freespace and this will be fixed in the next release of CC (in a few days).

It will also tidy up any temp files that were left by the previous versions :)

MrRon

hi there! i'm new to this forum and also a ccleaner first time user. i've read in this forum that and on the cleaner itself that using wipe free space take a long time to finish. but i don't know if it will take this long or it's not wiping at all. istarted laike 5o'clock in the afternoon yesterday and now it's 8:30 in the morning and still not finished yet. i have a 40gb HDD a 2.8ghz p4 cpu and a 256ram on this old computer still didn't use this wipe free space function on my vista which is 1tb wonder how long will it take. please reply. i really need your help so my son need to use the pc. thank you very much.

hi there! i'm new to this forum and also a ccleaner first time user. i've read in this forum that and on the cleaner itself that using wipe free space take a long time to finish. but i don't know if it will take this long or it's not wiping at all. istarted laike 5o'clock in the afternoon yesterday and now it's 8:30 in the morning and still not finished yet. i have a 40gb HDD a 2.8ghz p4 cpu and a 256ram on this old computer still didn't use this wipe free space function on my vista which is 1tb wonder how long will it take. please reply. i really need your help so my son need to use the pc. thank you very much.

also i checked my free space on my computer/properties and the free spcace is still the same at13gb and didn't got a message that i'm runing out of space since 5pm yesterday until now it's almost 9 in the morning and still running. do i need to cancel or wait? how will i know if it's still working on it. please help please..

also i checked my free space on my computer/properties and the free spcace is still the same at13gb and didn't got a message that i'm runing out of space since 5pm yesterday until now it's almost 9 in the morning and still running. do i need to cancel or wait? how will i know if it's still working on it. please help please..

it's almost 12pm. any help from the admins here. program still running.

it's almost 12pm. any help from the admins here. program still running.
it only takes about 20 minutes to run on my computer so I'd say it isn't running properly on yours... my computer is 80GB, 768MB RAM and the same 2.8Ghz CPU. I suggest you stop it running.

it only takes about 20 minutes to run on my computer so I'd say it isn't running properly on yours... my computer is 80GB, 768MB RAM and the same 2.8Ghz CPU. I suggest you stop it running.

it stopped running because we had a power out for 30 minutes. i'm goin to check if the computer is ok. i am never gonna use it again. thanks for the reply anyway.

• Moderators

well don't fault all of CCleaner for this one aspect. Other than wipefree which is in it's infantile stage, CCleaner's great.

Were you using the newest version?

MR. RON maybe it can be removed and just given to us advanced users in a special build to test till we too can get it to break and report to you to outcome (Again Mine did fine on a 250GB with 145 Free but I left it for a while.)

again I must say Wipe is not ready for prime time (maybe it needs it's own app and let us debug it first ;) )

Hi all I've been gone for a bit LOL

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

slight correction here: it's about 15 to 20 mins per partition and as I have 3 partitions it's probably about 45 mins to 1 hour to do the entire hard drive.

well don't fault all of ccleaner for this one aspect. Other than wipefree which is in it's infentile stage, CCleaner's great.

Were you using the newest version?

MR. RON maybe it can be removed and just given to us advanced users in a special build to test til we too can get it to break and report to you to outcome (Again Mine did fine on a 250GB with 145 Free but I left it for a while.)

again I must say Wipe is not ready for prime time (maybe it needs it's own app and let us debug it first ;) )

Hi all I've been gone for a bit LOL

just want to correct myself... i love ccleaner. what i'm not gonna use anymore is the wipe free space feature. ;)

• 2 months later...

please help i ran wipe free space and my computer crashed and now its sayin tht i have literally no space left

what can i do?? i am not a computer whizz at all so if you can guide me it wud be much appreciated

if i have posted this in the wrong place then sorry

i am using a toshiba laptop with windows vista , no error messages coming up just message from toshiba to go to their website to buy external space

is this reversable??

thanks

from sarah

. . .

If you're not sure, leave it alone.

Sound advice when dealing with anything from software to wildlife. :P

The process is pretty well explained here: http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/using-cc...free-disk-space

For my two cents worth, leave it in there. Just as logical to be in CCleaner as in Defraggler.

I have used several free space wipers, and they all took a loooooong time.

One gave an estimate of how long the process would take before you started. That would be a nice feature, but CCleaner already offers a lot of functionality for a free application.

Running WXP home, ~140 gig hard drive, AMD Athlon X2 4800+ CPU, 3.3 gig working memory. Fairly fast. Still, some free space wipes still run all night.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Hi sarah Read post #24 above (http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=131638) and this'll answer your question :)

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Hi Sarah, you're not the first, and you won't be the last, so there's nothing to kick yourself for.

Look in Start\My Computer\C: Drive, as pointed out by Nergal above. Double click the drive icon and you're in the root drive. The offending article should be in there.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
go to folder options\view tick "show hidden files and folders" click "apply" now look in C:

yo man i got the same problem as the kid who cant find the big file, except im running windows 7 and im showing hidden files and folders, i looked in C and there isnt anything

• Moderators
yo man i got the same problem as the kid who cant find the big file, except im running windows 7 and im showing hidden files and folders, i looked in C and there isnt anything

is not the same as uncheck "hide protected operating system files"

english never been a strong point of mine but i hope the image can help you a little more.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2dl8xua.jpg

i did think i saw mrt saying they had fixed this bug? and by the way it worked for me, the file deleted, so looks like it

No fate but what we make