CCleaner breaks Outlook.com attachment downloading function

The previous version of CCleaner, v. 5.27, and the latest version, v. 5.28, break the ability to download email attachments in Outlook.com (web-based email), in the Microsoft Edge browser.  After checking off  Internet cache, download history, and session, under Microsoft Edge, I have been consistently unable to download attachments thereafter, for a period of about 2-4 days.  I have to switch to Firefox,which is not similarly affected, in order to download email attachments.  After about 2-4 days, the ability to download attachments in Microsoft Edge has been restored. 

• 2 weeks later...

After a number of days now, the attachment download functionality in Edge now works properly, without my having to uninstall CCleaner.

Some kind of file or data has been restored that had been deleted by CCleaner.  This loss of proper attachment downloading, followed by subsequent restoral, has happened two or three times so far, up to now.  This has happened with the last two, most recent versions of CCleaner. 

A detailed explanation of the types of information and files that CCleaner deleted is as follows. 

The free version of CCleaner, the one I have, does not run in the background or in real-time.  This loss of attachment download functionality only happens after manually running CCleaner.  There are options to tick off to clean Microsoft Edge:  Internet Cache, Internet History, Cookies, Download History, Session, Recently Typed URLs, Saved Form Information, and Saved Passwords.  I have been ticking off only Internet Cache, Download History and Session

There are other sections under Windows Explorer, and System.  Sub categories under Windows Explorer are Recent Documents, Run (in Start Menu), Other Explorer MRUs, Thumbnail Cache, Taskbar Jump Lists, and Network Passwords. 

Sub categories under System are Empty Recycle Bin, Temporary Files, Clipboard, Memory Dumps, Chkdsk File Fragments, Windows Log Files, Windows Error Reporting, DNS Cache, Font Cache, Start Menu Shortcuts, and Desktop Shortcuts. 

The bold items are the sub categories that I have ticked off. 

If I don't run CCleaner, it does not affect the functionality of attachment downloading. I am going to wait for some time before running CCleaner again, to see if this problem can be addressed and fixed.