Start up tab -everything is present twice (?)

Zetetick

Hello everyone, hope you are all well :) sorry if this is in the wrong forum section ( I am not a big Forum user )

I've been using Wonderful FREE CCLEANER since NOV 2011 when I got my new PC and have been considering upgrading to the PRO version. ( I heard about it as I was searching/reviewing for components)

My problem is this :

When I go to "TOOLS" and choose the "STARTUP" tab, "INTERNET EXPLORER" tab everything in there is in there TWICE!

(for example PROGRAM: "AVG SAFE SEARCH" - PUBLISHER : "AVG Technologies CZ s.r.o." - FILE: "c:\ (x86) \AVG \ AVG2012\avgssiea.dll" - ( also you can turn one off but leave the other one on :wacko: although I have NO idea what effect this has! )

This is the same for every program I got running at startup (all except Bluetooth,which I don't need / Adobe PDF link helper / CIESspeechBHO class - all turned off )

In the "SCHEDULED TASKS" this doesn't seem to be the case, but in "CONTEXT MENU" it does it once again. Each item listed Twice.

Now, I do have several utility programs running on Startup (only AVG INTERNET SECURITY 2012 / SPYBOT (search & Destroy) / TUNE UP-2013 - everything else I turn on as / when I use them.( DEFRAGGLER / AVG PC TUNEUP / DRIVER UPDATE / SPEEDY PC PRO ) -

I have so many of these utilities as it took me 2 years to save up for this PC and I want to keep it as clean and healthy as I can so I perform most tasks daily manually - and whilst there's LOTS of info on what utilities are good to use on various Review sites,I cannot find / there seems to be no information out there as to what SUITE of utilities work best together and which can cause problems if used together :( .

So my question is : is this TWICE thing normal? Should I remove one of them? and finally, does it have a negative impact on STARTUP Times?

If there's anyone out there with the know-How and experience in these matters I would be Genuinely grateful for any help and / or Advice, as I am not deeply technical in these matters and worry about this.

Thank you for taking the time, I really do appreciate it :)

Yours Sincerely

Michael Wilde

• Moderators

do you, by chance run the pro version (which can show entries in other user accounts)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

lol oops I missed that part

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies :)

I am set as the only user of this PC, one of the first things I did, and no one else ever uses it.

No, I definitely don't use the PRO version, I have the FREE version ( v3.22.1800 (64-bit) - (but, to be fair it has been so for a few iterations - I'm not certain that it's CCLEANER that is the cause )

No, I haven't dared to remove one of them

I promise to send along a screenshot ( I'm learning how to right now )

Regards and Best Wishes

M.Wilde

• Moderators

Hi Michael, and welcome to the forum,

It wouldn't do you any harm to stick around, and see what you can learn as you go along. This is a community forum as well as being a Piriform support one, we're all just volunteers, the guys on here are uber friendly, and we're always happy to see new members.

Anything you're not sure about with your new computer just ask as you're doing now, and don't forget there's no such thing as a daft question. Anything you're puzzled with or not sure about, please ask.

There's a software section for any software issues, same with the hardware section, and there's the lounge where you can ask or talk about anything you like. Within reason of course. :)

Once you have your current issue sorted, maybe start thinking about stuff like backing up your important data, if you don't do that already, and even making a back up of your system (C:) drive to protect against any future operating system problems. This can all be done with good reliable free software.

there seems to be no information out there as to what SUITE of utilities work best together and which can cause problems if used together

Don't rush into installing any "suites" of utilities. There is good safe stuff to be had, but there's also a lot of stuff which is nothing short of harmful, and should be avoided.

Once again, we're always happy to help with any advice you need.

Chester? I've had many a good night out in Chester as my son used to live there. Always liked the town centre which had, and probably still has, some cool pubs and eating places.

• 1 month later...

Hello there again, hope you are all well, and Big Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Sorry to be so Slow in my response as my Grandma had a stroke (we are only a small but very close family) and after a week or so died.

( She was, believe it or not 95 years old so ultimately she was gifted with a thing even Kings and the very Richest in this world cannot have : a Very long and good Life with pretty good health and 'marbles' intact right up to the end, which softened the grief and helped us all - I can only hope I get to live that long ! guess I'm going to have to give up smoking though :unsure: )

So we've been very busy sorting out all the awful paperwork for funeral / selling her bungalow etc and I completely forgot about my Question here, so I apologise for disappearing.

Anyway,

Maybe something that might be helpful is that I did months back install the " CCENHANCER " and perhaps this has something to do with it...

I'm not sure how to make and post a screenshot but it would only show you exactly what I described above.

I use WIN7 64bit - ( a intel i5 2500K / CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz / ASUS P8V68-V / GAINWARD GTX570 1.3Gb and extra cooling wotsit ) - it took me just under 2 Years (!!) to save up for this and I'm so happy with it after my last one :D - (which was PALEOLITHIC - held together with rubber bands,blind hope and Sellotape ! - it was beginning to attract archeologists :P:wacko: )

so as I'm sure you can appreciate I'm really trying to keep her as clean and tidy as I can.

( I'm not a rich fella - it was a pretty thin 2 yrs...Chester's not all rich people ; I'm the guy lugging shopping home on foot getting puddle-splashed by bankers in superdooper BMWs :unsure:)

So you can see why I really want to keep her tip top as it's by far the most posh thing I own ! the CCEnhancer is the only other thing I can think of...

THANK YOU ALL!! :) for your responses and any other suggestions would be Genuinely Apreciated

Yours Sincerely

M.Wilde (Zetetick)

• Moderators

Unfortunately as CCEnhancer is not made or endorsed by Piriform the (makers of ccleaner) we cannot discuss any problems related to its usage.

Obviously I feel a bit bad about bringing this to your attention after you have suffered a family loss recently, but don't really have a choice.

By the way, I've been to Chester quite a few times, great place :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, you can use the Windows Snipping tool to capture and save any area of the visible desktop.

I have the same problem.

Example: Install AVG free, & unselect for it to install the browser plugin(s).

It still installs them anyway.

Under startup, go to Internet Explorer & there will be 2 instances of AVG do not track (C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgdtiex.dll).

It also seems to double up under Firefox plugins for Yahoo Application State, Java, & shockwave flash.

Main areas with doubles seems to be IE & FF plugin startups.