Problem with Cookies deletion IE7

klumy

each Time I select not to delete IE Cookies, I see that the cookies will also be deleted. Because I can't login to some forums anymore. I must renter my forum password.

so I think this is a bug

CCleaner (newest version)
Windows 10

Index.dat

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index.dat

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

CCleaner is not fully compatable with IE 7 yet.

To avoid cookies being deleted don't run ccleaner at startup and untick "delete index.dat" in ccleaner windows.

Does anyone have any idea when CCleaner will be compatible with IE7?

I have tried unchecking "delete index.dat" and my safe cookies are still disappearing!

I am having to log in each time I use my so-called safe sites.

On the bright side I suppose we have to praise IE7 for the extra security it provides. ;)

Heugh, do you have ccleaner set to run at startup?

Also welcome to the forum :)

Hazelnut - my apologies for not getting back right away.

No, I don't have CCleaner running at start up.

Thank you for the welcome.

• Moderators

A rather obvious question heugh but I will ask it anyway!

Have you used the options in the ccleaner program to click on the cookie button and move the cookies you want to save over to the other side of the page?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hazelnut - yes I have saved the cookies I want to keep under options>cookies>cookies to keep.

Maybe I should uncheck Delete index.dat files and re-boot?

I didn?t re-boot when I did this first time round - just a thought?

No, that didn't work either.

I had to sign into my IE homepage, plus my usual and regular sites.

No doubt it will be something really small and obvious - but I am blind to it.

This also happened when I was running IE7 Beta and decided, because of its problems, uninstalled and went back to IE6.

The minor annoyances, that I personally had with IE7 Beta, seem to have been ironed out - but it is little things like my cookies being eaten by the cookie monster really gets to me.

Maybe I should get my ten-year-old nephew to look at my pc when I get back to the UK - he will sort it!! :lol:

• Moderators

Let us know when you sort it, it may help someone else. As you say it will probably be something small, as most of us here have solved it through the method above.

Send your nephew round to my house if he's that good!!

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I'm new to the forum but not to the Cleaner program. I just wanted to chime in and state that the same thing is happening to me and to someone else that I know. No matter how we configure the buttons, IE7 continues to delete the cookies. I've noticed that IE7 is handling deletion of trace files quite a bit differently than IE6. Hopefully the developers here will resolve this issue shortly. I was about to post this issue but I'm glad it has already been reported. Otherwise, this is a great program and I can't wait to use it again with IE7.

I am in exactly the same position as CobraWing. A search, and many posts on other forums pointed me in this direction. Although I prefer to think of it as a bug in IE7 rather than in CCleaner. No prizes for guessing who's going to end up releasing a new compatable version first, though!

This discussion is also occurring on the Microsoft forums, so maybe it's not just a cc issue.

Now I am totally confused! :lol:

I have XP Pro on my pc - and my wife runs XP Home on her laptop and her cookies are NEVER erased when she runs CCleaner with the same settings I have.

I just thought I would share this information. <_<

We are both running IE7.

I did re-boot after unticking "Delete Index.dat files" and it is just the same.

This has to be something really silly.

We will make it! :rolleyes:

Have you tried altering the IE7 privacy settings and/or ticking the checkbox "overide automatic cookie handling"?

I went through a bit of a troubleshoot on this one, and it's come right now. (See the other thread-staying logged on) But would like to be able to delete whatever i want to without having to go through it all again.

You could try deleting all the cookies, incl whitelisted, and re-installing one by one. That's what I did. Can't comment on whether or not that was what did the trick. Not of itself, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

The new version of CCleaner v1.35.424 (launched today) has addressed a few issues such as "Fixed some IE7 cookie handling issues" and "Fixed IE7 Autocomplete form data cleaning" so we will see how it goes.

Tarq57 I didn't change anything in the IE7 privacy settings as I am sure this cookie issue will be fixed by Microsoft :lol: or perhaps our good ol' CCleaner will sort it for us.