Is there ANY persistent data NOT removed by CCleaner?

funberry

I have been using CClenaer for 4 years, and I suddenly notice some very disturbing clues that, my computer is stil being tracked by some websites.

After using CCleaner, I notice Google still shows in upper left corner, a member icon with a float-over stating "Google Acount: myname@yahoo.com"   , instead of showing "not signed in".

I just created a Facebook Account last week, and now I see many sites I visit offering to show me Facebook notifications -- which they never did before ( how do they know I have a Facebook account now? )

So these sites are reading some data somewhere that's telling them this.  I change my IP several times a day, I never use any third party toolbars, and I even use a registry utility that disables Flash entirely. I read email in plain text , and use no browser extensions other than the install defaults.

After reading the documentation on "evercookie" , I am starting to think that Google and Facebook may be storing some persitent data on my computer in places where CCleaner is not looking. After all, these two giants are the worst offenders when it comes to pushing the envelope in user recognition.

And thinking "it's just 2 sites that do this" is NOT a comfort, because these guys are in the business of sharing and selling user data to anyone who wants to partner with them.

So what gives?

Is it possible CCleaner is one step behind the state of the art in user detection?

• Moderators

If you're on Win10 and have any apps installed for Facebook, etc., those can create cookies, files, etc.. You can clean with CCleaner then relatively quickly allot of the stuff that was just deleted is re-downloaded.