Can't connect to games

frumpylumps

I used the cleaner on windows with standard boxes checked.  Also I started the drive wiper to clean up free space but it got to 40% before i had to cancel it.

Everything else about the internet seems to work so far except that now I can't connect to some of my favorite multiplayer games like World of Tanks and Albion Online.  Re-installing doesnt seem to help and i can't even reinstall albion online for some reason.  Also, my windows update stays "updating" indefinately and so does the windows defender scan.  Really regretting using CCleaner after seeing how it f***ed up my PC so bad.

Anyone know how to fix these issues of not being able to connect to games after using ccleaner?  I did  not do the registry cleaner.

windows firewall updated just telling me that it couldn't update after running for like 2 hours it tells me it had network and connectivity problems, though everything else seems to work fine.

• Moderators

First suggestion is try cleaning your browser's cache using the browser's tool (maybe a broken cache is at fault here) as these are online games...I assume in web browser, though with install maybe they are steam.

If they are steam are you using winapp2 or any ccleaner "enhancing" products?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

First suggestion is try cleaning your browser's cache using the browser's tool (maybe a broken cache is at fault here) as these are online games...I assume in web browser, though with install maybe they are steam. If they are steam are you using winapp2 or any ccleaner "enhancing" products?

Thank you for the suggestions.  Clearing the cache didn't seem to help.  The games i'm trying to play are non-steam games, World of Tanks and Albion Online.  i have steam but haven't tried any steam games yet.

I restored windows to a point before I used CCleaner but it didn't help.